+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of names as realistic possibles

Couple of names as realistic possibles

Would anyone have either of these 2?

Gareth Barry

Neil Harris

Gareth Barry , was my preferred choice before and still is ,
    don't want Monkey Harris OFAH best place for him !

I would rather re-sign Schopp than have Harris.

I would be very surprised if a British manager such as those mentioned or my preference--Chris Wilder- were appointed.

Various suits at the club worship the data recruitment system with little input from the coach and there appears to be no appetite or ambition to retain good players and gradually build a team.

The ideal candidate for the owners will be an unemployed coach from the second tier of a European league.

Said all along who i want. Not many agree. But i pays mi money so deserve my penny's worth.
    Experienced championship manager.
    Man manager.
    Mick McCarthy.
    Everyone seems to forget how he took wolves up..

Mick understands you need a experienced head to play with our kids for a start.
    All the decent teams have had 1 or 2 older pros in with the younger players.
    Of corse im just a daft lad that loves Barnsley. So what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Mick understands you need a experienced head to play with our kids for a start.
    All the decent teams have had 1 or 2 older pros in with the younger players.
    Of corse im just a daft lad that loves Barnsley. So what do i know
    In fairness, I would want MM in charge - knows this division, short term contract until the end of the season (Abit like Warnock at Rotherham), but give him the director of golf job once he's kept us up to preserve legendary status.

I'd have him as manager all day long but it just never happens! One thing is for definite, it would get all of the fans back on board. If I were him I'd take the gig, we've all got relegation on the cards so it seems a win win!

Any British manager who applies for the Barnsley managers/head coach under the conditions laid down by these owners must be mad.They will have no say in player recruitment or player sales in fact it looks like the player recruitment is only from the academy.Because they can no longer recruit young players from Europe because of Brexit I think the owners will be interested in keeping hold of our club for much longer.I only hope the the interested people that Animal mentioned about a lake over a few days ago comes good because anything has got to be better than the clowns we have at present.The club should belong to the people of Barnsley,the town of Barnsley and the Barnsley supporters.(Which is not bad from someone who was born in Doncaster)

Sorry and is moving back to my home in Filey on the 20th November.

Mick Mac has ruled himself out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast