+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: corruption in scottish football

You were never demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You were never demoted.
    I think he was.
    He used to be a w@nk.
    Now he's just a stain.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You were never demoted.
    We kinda were, due to the old company being liquidated.

I really thought it would be the end of our club as a major force. Not many clubs would have such support from their fans in the bottom tier. We bounced back rather quick.

Aberdeen gave us a wee scare there you know, a late penalty saved us. You should be proud of your team for getting. A well earned point there. Deserved one too!

No club outwith the Old Firm will ever win the league again as the SPFL will not allow it. They are happy to have a league with two clubs which have a massive financial advantage which they have been give by the football authorities. If they were interested in fair competition they would even up the financial side of the game rather than have have the vast majority of the SPFL funds going to the big two. Our league in European terms is an absolute joke but they are happy with that. This is before the cheating of refs particularly in games in Glasgow which is endemic. Milne could have changed things when Rangers were out of the Premier League particularly with regard to the voting system but he flunked it and left us with the current voting system. I agree that the 5 Chairmen should look into the unfairness of the current system but they are unlikely to do so. I have thought for a while that the other 10 Chairmen should get together and refuse to play at the start of a season until a fairer share of funding was agreed. They should play each other for a non OF title and leave the OF to play each other every week for the Premier League title. They and their fans would soon get fed up of that. I am fed up supporting a club which has no chance of ever winning ( or even challenging ) for the league again.

The thing is, in European terms, that our league is the same as most others.

Champions league money has made it even worse.

Sure, every now and again, an Aberdeen comes along and upsets things for a few years but it seldom lasts long.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    We kinda were, due to the old company being liquidated.

We bounced back rather quick.
    Firstly, due to the old company being liquidated, it was kicked out of the SPL on the basis that it didn't exist. Therefore there was no demotion. A new entity was "elected" into a different league, the SFL. That the players from the old company were permitted to leave without compensation to the new company shows that the new entity was entirely new and not the same club.

Secondly, you didn't "bounce back rather quick". There was no bounce given it was a new entity and also you took two, yes two, tries to get out of the championship.

To be fair, that wasn’t bad considering they were only a few years old.
    Hilarious though.

55 league titles is such a heap of s’hite it’s hardly worth arguing against.

The power of propaganda is impressive though.
    Even when something is clearly and obviously a lie, if they keep saying it folk start to believe it.

Are you going softer in your older age Donsdaft?

Although only a few years old and a new team, they paid and played premier league players in division 4 through to division 2. They should have taken just 3 years to reach the premiership. Always worth reminding them of that.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Firstly, due to the old company being liquidated, it was kicked out of the SPL on the basis that it didn't exist. Therefore there was no demotion. A new entity was "elected" into a different league, the SFL. That the players from the old company were permitted to leave without compensation to the new company shows that the new entity was entirely new and not the same club.

Secondly, you didn't "bounce back rather quick". There was no bounce given it was a new entity and also you took two, yes two, tries to get out of the championship.
    I’m not too fussed about the whole new club thing. I can see how it may seem like we should be considered a new club but if we deal with facts then we’re not a new club, even though some wish it was.

Yes two tries to get out the championship is excellent. Once back, It didn’t take us long to win the top tier again and put an end to celtics hopes of winning 10 titles in a row.

Some are annoyed at that but I know lots of fans are glad to have a new champion in town. Everyone has an opinion, some would have preferred Celtic to win 10 rather than a “new club” have a chance lol.

Out of all the hun w@nks that have posted on here down the years, this one is the dullest

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast