+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benji

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Tam is doing a good job,better than I and plenty others would have thought but do you honestly think he would have accrued this many points with MM's squad of players? I don't.
    Yes I do, players would have been much happier and playing a better system, MM was average as you get really, let's be honest, was brutal stuff and we had enough there last season to be better at times, Benji saved us nine stop part season and was by far the busiest keeper in the league as we played Mellonaccio, it's telling he isn't anywhere near the busiest in the league this year

We hadn't really made any changes early season from last season and beat Sevco and St Johnstone and looked better than last season outwith Pittodrie in the cup

Also should update the Mellon thread to compare his record now to Tam's this season

I find it funny people defend Mellon but Neilson is a better manager and also would have done a better job last season had he stayed and is proving it again at Hearts, I said he would when people were starting threads about him being under pressure last season

Thankfully we have chose a clued up young manager who the players enjoy playing under who I wouldn't swap for either of the above now, fair play to the bandit

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Couple of stats

SPFL Premiership
    GK Save %
    Best at each club
    As at 03/11

Craig Gordon 82.8%
    Beni Siegrist 82.1%
    Zander Clark 80.9%
    Joe Hart 79.2%
    Liam Kelly 73.5%
    Max Stryjek 70.8%
    Adam Legzdins 70.1%
    Jak Alnwick 67.9%
    Matt Macey 66.7%
    Ross Laidlaw 65.6%
    Allan McGregor 58.3%
    Joe Lewis 57.1%

SPFL Premiership
    Top 10 Interceptions Made
    As at 03/11

Jeando Fuchs 25
    Scott Brown 22
    John Souttar 21
    Conor McCarthy 20
    Jack Fitzwater 19
    Jason Holt 18
    Jordan Tilson 18
    Charlie Mulgrew 18
    Nathan McGinley, Scott Tanser, Ayo Obileye and Joe Shaughnessy all 17

We are also up there for shots on target just behind the uglies

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...nd-Premiership

Good site this for checking stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    United in talks to keep benji. If we can pull this off it will be amazing. Worth about 10 points a season. 🧡🖤
    Of course he's not going to stay. He's given numerous interviews where he says he's ready to move on, and at his age (29) who can blame him for looking after his career.

This story is just a bit of spin after a poor result.

Thankfully we have Carson who is very good

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yes I do, players would have been much happier and playing a better system, MM was average as you get really, let's be honest, was brutal stuff and we had enough there last season to be better at times, Benji saved us nine stop part season and was by far the busiest keeper in the league as we played Mellonaccio, it's telling he isn't anywhere near the busiest in the league this year

We hadn't really made any changes early season from last season and beat Sevco and St Johnstone and looked better than last season outwith Pittodrie in the cup

Also should update the Mellon thread to compare his record now to Tam's this season

I find it funny people defend Mellon but Neilson is a better manager and also would have done a better job last season had he stayed and is proving it again at Hearts, I said he would when people were starting threads about him being under pressure last season

Thankfully we have chose a clued up young manager who the players enjoy playing under who I wouldn't swap for either of the above now, fair play to the bandit
    Not a chance Tam would have the same amount of points to date with the same players as Mellon had,that's laughable......Connolly instead of Mulgrew, Bolton instead of Niskanen, Robson instead of McMann, Butcher instead of Levitt.lol.

You don't need to trawl, I provided the link for you to disprove what you said to save the bother

Sure but it's better to hold onto him instead of having to replace on top of losing one's that aren't easy to replace, such as Fuchs

You'd be the first to jump on the negative bandwagon if we go down hill fast if we lose a few key players in the same window

Unlikely we keep Fuchs as has been said, just hope we keep him until end of season as nothing worse than mid season disruption as we know too well so would be stupid to let Harkes go during same period, how do you replace both in same window with the same kind of attributes, it's not easy, Harkes has played 115 games for us now and is settled and improving, not all signings will settle, there are many factors involved

Thankfully my fears about who would replace Robson didn't matieralise due to good work by Asghar and Co and getting in McMann so its better than we could have hoped, which is no slight on Robson

Main thing is they are all here right now and seems everyone is motivated like mad to do well this season which is a very good thing for us all
    No need to be so defensive, I wasn't saying we should replace Harkes, what I'm saying is that if he goes we can get a better replacement as we did with Robson.

If you are referring to me, please show me where? You can't as it's just fabrication by yourself of course

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38279000 here is the post which I stand by, the fact McMann is better than Robson is a big bonus, he is excellent but Robson is still very good and would have been solid for us this season, as he was in the 1-0 wins over Sevco and St Johnstone

I also posted elsewhere that McMann could be a good replacement for Robson as had similar amount of games, similar and but his apps had been in the prem mainly, a great signing and ba worry off the mind that we'd get someone lesser quality than we had
    Do you recall the Jamie Robson Must Stay thread? Started by you and your opening post said this >>

Jamie Robson must stay, Harkes/Mulgrew etc
    I've always rated Robson, never gets credit he deserves, did very well last season overall in his first year in the premiership, made most appearances for us in the squad at only 24, one of the better left backs in the league, coming into his prime

No need to get a new left back, just a back up, hope we can hang onto him

Class that he got the winner after that performance, immense

So, you did say it. It's ok to admit to being wrong occasionally Shedka, it's a sign of strength 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Do you recall the Jamie Robson Must Stay thread? Started by you and your opening post said this >>

I've always rated Robson, never gets credit he deserves, did very well last season overall in his first year in the premiership, made most appearances for us in the squad at only 24, one of the better left backs in the league, coming into his prime

So, you did say it. It's ok to admit to being wrong occasionally Shedka, it's a sign of strength 🧡
    And this was what I posted in reply to you BEFORE McMann was signed >

Why must Robson stay? If we have an offer that's above the club's valuation we're going to take it. You're making out he's some kind of Roberto Carlos figure we can't afford to lose. And how do you know we haven't got a replacement lined up? More emotional pish

Oh dear, having a shocker on this thread stoke, it's literally the thread I've linked for you to prove you wrong about "irreplaceable" 😂, which of course was just nonsense fabrication from yourself

And this was what I posted in reply to you BEFORE McMann was signed >

Why must Robson stay? If we have an offer that's above the club's valuation we're going to take it. You're making out he's some kind of Roberto Carlos figure we can't afford to lose. And how do you know we haven't got a replacement lined up? More emotional pish

McMann being a good signing is a huge bonus, and doesn't change the post I made at time when we hadn't signed anyone apart from Mulgrew and were coming to near the end of window, Robson was playing really well in our wins over Rangers and Stj and would have had a great season for us

It's also not the same as the other point which you seem to be confusing to hide that you were talking keech by making up the "irreplaceable" comment, losing a few key players at once, you can't replace that and keep the same standard very easily, lose Fuchs and trying to replace him, not easy, it's another thing losing Fuchs and Harkes and others in same window and trying to replace that, you'd need to be very very lucky not to see a deterioration, more chance of keeping Harkes than Fuchs so best not lose both together given how important they are in our way of playing, the negative affect on overall morale in the rest of the squad and the fanbase has to be taken into account too

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)