+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alexander

The way the league positions are unfolding it’s entirely possible that if st.Johnstone and Dundee go down, I wonder if it will be the first time ever that all surviving teams, 7 through 10 will end the season posting more points than a team in the top 6.
    Regardless of opposition in the top 6, I doubt this team could pick up anything against the bottom half at this point.
    The powers above GA need to face reality.

We are simply a team that doesn’t have a game plan for various scenarios ie goal down, goal up, man down, man up we just hoof the ball up the field. Set pieces are a waste of time as it appears we don’t have any variations when taking them. The fans are surely losing patience with the manager and IMO this will surely be borne in mind when it comes to renewing our season tickets. I certainly wouldn’t trust Alexander through another couple of transfer windows and a new season.

We are simply a completely ineffective team. We have no goal threat, no craft or guile, a weak midfield and a defence which is liable to concede any time pressure is put on it.

I’m sick of saying it but we need a complete overhaul both on and off the park. The fact that we simply didn’t get relegated and spawned our way into the top six by default of the majority of the rest of the league being just as bad as we are only papers over the cracks, but no doubt will be enough to satisfy many within the club.

The youth system is independent from the first team (and demonstrably successful), the recruitment was overhauled last season as you requested, who else do you want to change?
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 30-04-2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixes botched mobile edit

Like many other supporter 'stalwarts', I and my mukkers have decided to delay renewing our seas tkts in this next seasons' early bird window.
    And, there's no certainty we'll renew at all should GA remain in-situ. We're 5 ST holders with a combined total 'year-on-year' revenue deposit to our Club of some 117 years. Mr B and Co. really need to respond via our Media streams or the Newswires. It's now plainly evident they think this Anti GA mood will blow over. IT WON'T !!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Like many other supporter 'stalwarts', I and my mukkers have decided to delay renewing our seas tkts in this next seasons' early bird window.
    And, there's no certainty we'll renew at all should GA remain in-situ. We're 5 ST holders with a combined total 'year-on-year' revenue deposit to our Club of some 117 years. Mr B and Co. really need to respond via our Media streams or the Newswires. It's now plainly evident they think this Anti GA mood will blow over. IT WON'T !!
    It might.

I'm not saying that it will but you need to admit football fans are notoriously fickle and things turn wildly all the time.
    Kilmarnock fans were utterly miserable 12 months ago, delighted nine months ago (they signed a few players, beat Ayr and took 3,000 to Hamilton etc), miserable six months ago (went wrong) and are now delighted again (sold-out RP and 'back' with a big budget because they, eh, finished one point ahead of part-time Arbroath).

Even if we don't improve this season, a couple of good signings, some fun away friendlies in the sun and a solid LC group stage will have a completely different mood come August. That's just how football works.

And if you think that recruitment isn't our main problem, there is much less risk in giving GA the window than there is with other managers whose jackets are on shaky pegs.

I would also prefer him to go than stay mind but the club, having committed on him to 2025 (and with various appointments in place to be made) could well consider the risk of a poor LC and August/September in the league is worth it given he might achieve a summer 'reset'. Changing the manager in autumn as opposed to now would likely save well into six figures while still offering the opportunity to salvage the situation.

FWIW there are some rather wild rumours going around today could be a big day...I have my doubts but we shall see.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 02-05-2022 at 07:53 AM.

Mr Alexander is now untouchable for another season, its been dire for much of the 2nd half of this season, but Euro spot guaranteed and potentially 4th place. We'd look rather foolish to everyone else if he was removed now or early next season.

I take it all back ... I really do !!!

He's certainly safe now. The doubters were wrong about him in terms of this season and I absolutely hold my hands up as being part of that group. He's more than earned the chance to adjust the team and try to kick on but few would argue that our prospects for next season are 100% secure.

What I think is absolutely crucial is some kind interview through the club where he - without going overly into details - explains a little bit of the thought process both in what's happened and where he sees us going. Because this approach is surely not sustainable and earning a bit of leeway from the fans against is urgently needed. There are lessons to be learned in not going mental on tactics and judging players on what his eyes see on a Saturday rather than only the chip data from training. And the attitude to team news at pre-match pressers needs to change because all it does is pointlessly alienate people.

But ultimately, regardless of how he got us there, the facts of the matter are he took a side possibly heading for relegation to comfortable safety and in his first full season secured a top five finish and European football. You can only say that's an outstanding job.

Hard to disagree ... but I'd love to if allowed !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)