+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cop26

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You know how a group of 6 people are supposed to be able to contact anyone in the world through some personal link.Wonder if there's a way to contact Neil Oliver and help Islay to get a reply?
    I enclose details of a huge peat bog fire in the flow country of Northern Scotland which took place in May 2019. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50435811
    In November 2019 after I read the article which had been reported on BBC Reporting Scotland I sent an email to the author of the article Kevin Keane who is the BBC Scotland environmental correspondent advising him that peat bog fires that burn for days are nothing new.
    In April 2009 there was a large peat bog fire on Islay which burned for four days before it was finally extinguished.
    However the local environmental ‘experts’ on Islay were far more concerned about ground nesting birds and adders being killed as a result of this peat bog fire that the damage it caused to the planets thanks to the huge increase of greenhouse gas emissions.
    I also advised Kevin Keane that the production of heavily peated single malt whisky was causing damage to the planet.
    Kevin Keane replied stating that he would investigate my information about the production of heavily peated single malt scotch whisky and the damage it was causing to the planet. Despite sending Kevin Keane an email in February 2020 asking how his investigation was progressing I have never received a reply.
    This is typical of BBC reporters who are told what to say by researchers as I discovered when Sarah Smith the BBC Scotland political correspondent told me after she reported a lot of incorrect information about the construction of Port Askaig pier on Islay shortly before the June 2016 EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose details of a huge peat bog fire in the flow country of Northern Scotland which took place in May 2019. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50435811
    In November 2019 after I read the article which had been reported on BBC Reporting Scotland I sent an email to the author of the article Kevin Keane who is the BBC Scotland environmental correspondent advising him that peat bog fires that burn for days are nothing new.
    In April 2009 there was a large peat bog fire on Islay which burned for four days before it was finally extinguished.
    However the local environmental ‘experts’ on Islay were far more concerned about ground nesting birds and adders being killed as a result of this peat bog fire that the damage it caused to the planets thanks to the huge increase of greenhouse gas emissions.
    I also advised Kevin Keane that the production of heavily peated single malt whisky was causing damage to the planet.
    Kevin Keane replied stating that he would investigate my information about the production of heavily peated single malt scotch whisky and the damage it was causing to the planet. Despite sending Kevin Keane an email in February 2020 asking how his investigation was progressing I have never received a reply.
    This is typical of BBC reporters who are told what to say by researchers as I discovered when Sarah Smith the BBC Scotland political correspondent told me after she reported a lot of incorrect information about the construction of Port Askaig pier on Islay shortly before the June 2016 EU referendum.
    More typical of someone looking at something and deciding there's nothing to see or report.

Islay, do you think that there is any policy or course of action that is going to change carbon dioxide production in the world. I don't think batteries and storing electricity is viable.

Islay, do you think that there is any policy or course of action that is going to change carbon dioxide production in the world. I don't think batteries and storing electricity is viable.
    One thing is certain. Children plunking school to attend a protest march in Glasgow because wee Greta says so is not going to
    change carbon dioxide production in the world.
    Here is another cracker for you.
    A week past Monday I was shopping at the Morrisons supermarket.
    Close to entrance was a Scottish Power tent where two people were selling a 100% green electricity tariff with Scottish Power.
    I asked them they could guarantee that people who signed up to their electricity scheme would receive 100% green electricity.
    The reply was unbelievable.
    The Scottish Power salesman told me that the electricity that Scottish Power produced from their renewable sources was 100% Green when it entered the National Grid.
    I replied that when I switch on my TV in my house the electricity is not 100% green as it is generated from a mix of oil, gas, nuclear, hydro including pump storage generating stations and renewable such as wind turbines and solar panels.
    It gets worse.
    Both Dundee and Islay are situated in the SSEN area and do not receive any electricity generated in the Scottish Power transmission area.
    This Scottish Power salesman told me that OVO produced the electricity in the former North of Scotland Hydro Electric board area which is a lot of rubbish as OVO are a billing company having purchased SSE’s list of residential and business customers for £500 million last year.
    Finally.
    Nobody in their right mind would change their energy supplier(s) at present due to soaring gas and electricity prices. Even Uswitch has taken out adverts in the national newspapers urging people not to change their energy supplier(s) at the present time.

Greta responsible for a lot of the hot air.....her screeching about sticking your climate conference "up yet arse".....with mask aff, then putting mask on to stand and say zip.

Is it me, starting to think I see the world in a completely different way.

****ing south Angus matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Greta responsible for a lot of the hot air.....her screeching about sticking your climate conference "up yet arse".....with mask aff, then putting mask on to stand and say zip.

Is it me, starting to think I see the world in a completely different way.

****ing south Angus matrix.
    Very disappointed that it's the same old grumpies talking about this. Had hoped that there might be someone who actually believed in the green policies that are already in place and help explain how the world is going to get to net zero!

Very disappointed that it's the same old grumpies talking about this. Had hoped that there might be someone who actually believed in the green policies that are already in place and help explain how the world is going to get to net zero!
    Late last night I had a look at the Flightradar 24 website and I noticed a gulf stream jet which was heading across the Atlantic Ocean towards the USA having recently taken off from Glasgow Airport. https://www.flightradar24.com/55.57,-4.94/7
    It is possible that this will be someone who has attended the COP26 climate conference and was now flying back to the US.
    I suggest that you look at this website particularly during the day where you will see that there are thousands of flights flying throughout the world every day.
    There is another website called AIS Shipping which shows every marine vessel sailing or tied up at dockside’s throughout the world including broken down Calmac ferries in Dry Dock.
    In my opinion the world will never get to net zero unless governments throughout the world fiddle the calculation of their CO2 emissions totals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)