+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the end of the road

the end of the road

We all reach it. Some sooner than others.

That was the worst result in our history. It was not a freak result. It was truly woeful.
    I can't comment past HT as I simply refuse to watch that abject rubbish anymore. The writing was on the wall after 2 mins. I have seen some really poor sides here over the years, but if you lose 7-0 at home there is something wrong.
    When your centre half decides to do that your finished.
    When you decided to keep Bradley Johnson who gave the ball away 4 times within the first 3 mins, which resulted in their first goal. Its all laughable.
    I have always in recent times tried to stay neutral on Mowbray. As I didnt feel continually asking for a change of manager was helpful.
    But anyone with some professional integrity offers to walk after that.
    I've seen far worse teams, play much better sides than them, and fight. While they may lose, thats not always the point.
    The issue that appeared last night is deep rooted. Its an attitude.
    If Bradley Johnson is the answer, I really want to know what the question was.

A club going absolutely nowhere, and a bloke simply going through the motions picking the side.
    I dont even know where to begin to pick apart what went so wrong, why and who. I just dont care enough anymore.

I turned over and watched Liverpool, a proper football side. The difference was night and day. I cant waste anymore of my life following this rubbish.

The guy has clearly over-stayed his welcome now and it is time for him to walk.

Last night was an utter embarrassment.
    I went out with my brother in law and every time a goal went in,he was struggling to hide the smile.
    Utterly shameful from the players,who really didn't break a sweat.
    I want them to earn their money,not saunter about like a training session.
    Rather lose 10 nil and players looked knacked and disappointed,than lose 7 nil and not one looked anywhere near tired.
    Still waiting for that apology.
    Mowbray looked his usual uninterested self,which matched the players blank looks.
    Win,lose or draw,the players need to roll their sleeves up and at least earn their over inflated wages.
    That loss hurt like hell last night but the lack of care and effort hurt far far more.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Last night was an utter embarrassment.
    I went out with my brother in law and every time a goal went in,he was struggling to hide the smile.
    Utterly shameful from the players,who really didn't break a sweat.
    I want them to earn their money,not saunter about like a training session.
    Rather lose 10 nil and players looked knacked and disappointed,than lose 7 nil and not one looked anywhere near tired.
    Still waiting for that apology.
    Mowbray looked his usual uninterested self,which matched the players blank looks.
    Win,lose or draw,the players need to roll their sleeves up and at least earn their over inflated wages.
    That loss hurt like hell last night but the lack of care and effort hurt far far more.
    some of this does need perspective.
    If something isn't done about Fulham, Norwich, Bournemouth, WBA then the Championship will be ruined forever.
    I believe its already too far gone, and its ruined for decades to come.
    Sam Allardyce did not apologise when we lost 7-1 at his bets mates down the road at Man Utd. That side that day had 6 international footballers. He just carried on as normal and we where just a crap midtable Prem side then.
    This is no different.
    There is one way Mowbray is leaving now, if Boro finally sack Warnock, who we dont want, and they hate him. Dispise him. He is getting sacked very soon. If that job comes up, then finally TM may walk as he still lives up there.
    Nobody at our club will ever sack him. He is out of contract at the end of the season, so would be stupid to simply walk now.
    Ole didnt walk for Man Utd the other week, they have spent a billion ££ to lose 0-5 to Liverpool, their greatest rivals.

I dont feel your pain anymore mate, I undertstand it. I stopped caring, going and being interested a while back. Mainly down to the fact is a massively flawed league. Unfair, and so poor.
    We are just a side and club going nowhere. The other night just highlighted how much wrong there is behind the scenes. And it wont change.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)