+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith in or out? Quick poll.

I’m not calling for his head, simply because November is the wrong time to change managers. Just before the beginning of a transfer window, is the time, be that Xmas or the Summer. He should have gone in the summer. He didn’t, so the Board has to stand by that decision and back him.

There are no replacements readily available. Sam will get a mention, no doubt, from the jokers in Blue & White, and Black & White. But as it stands there is no more qualified man available than Smith.

Paulo Fonseca? He was quickly shown the door at Porto and Roma for being, well, not very good. But hey, he did well in the One-Horse Ukrainian league. Deemed not good enough for the Cartoon army or spuds (twice), Everton and Watford. No thanks, better the devil you know.

And get rid of Nanny McPhee, whilst we’re at it.

Two weeks, Time to act......

MON anyone?

Behave Bongo!

Ok what bugged me was what happened to passing backwards. We just hoofed it up the field. We badly missed Luiz imo and were lacking a player who can keep the ball when under pressure like Barry or Jack.
    Are expectations to high? The squad doesnt look that good imo if we have to rely on kids off the bench. We need a ward Prowse in the midfield.
    Cheeky bid for Grealish in January?

I just can’t understand why we are so poor in the first half and play much better in the second. That’s happened so often and I can’t get my head around it. But I really hope Deano CAN because nothing would be better than a vibrant successful team under the management of him. I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have. Fonseca even looks like Remi Garde. Nuno? Just been sacked in double quick time for being really poor. That said, lose the next two games and Deano just can’t survive.

Still Smith IN but by the short and curlies, he is on thin ice. Its a big headache for Purslow otherwise he will be out of a job!

Looks like he’s on his way sooner rather than later too much smoke without fire we’ve seen it all too often.

Pity I like the guy.

I actually think Smith is cought between a rock and a hard face. His hand picked backroom staff bailed for whatever reason, set piece coaches came in from nowhere, players having bust up in training. Something is not right behind the scenes, he is in a no win situation, even if we survive, I think he will be sacked. I think he should walk and hold his head high.

A modern day manager will never ever ever walk away again they will stay however bad it gets so they get compensated and you or me wouldn’t be any different

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)