+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Greta and the eco mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I don't know about the colonial rule thing but whatever we ripped out of India I'm sure we've paid back in aid
    Would India have even been in need of aid if it hadn't been raped of natural resources by the British?

Aid to foreign countries is no more than a bribe to get them to buy off you so you make even more money out of them. That's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    India shoul dstop wasting its money on space exploration etc then'

Still doesn't explain Russia/China does it?
    Agree with India.

Russia/China? China is trying to catch up 200 years of industrialisation in a couple of decades and won't stop until they are ahead of the "game". Russia just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Agree with India.

Russia/China? China is trying to catch up 200 years of industrialisation in a couple of decades and won't stop until they are ahead of the "game". Russia just don't care.
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrm Russia has been industrialising alot longer than 2 decades. Stalin made sure of that.
    They also threw massive amounts of GDP into miliatry supremecy. They are hardly "catching up".
    I do agree about the don't care bit though.
    Neither does China and neither does India. Both have global supremecy goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    My house is 5m below sea level
    Wow...how much of a concern is that? Mine is 167m above. I’ve heard of ‘mine is bigger than your’s’ competitions but never ‘mine is higher than your’s’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wow...how much of a concern is that? Mine is 167m above. I’ve heard of ‘mine is bigger than your’s’ competitions but never ‘mine is higher than your’s’.
    You must live in a castle

Ultimately though, we are over populated, there isn't enough natural resource to go around as it is, let alone sustain or protect future levels. This "save the world" / "go green" / "drink from a bamboo cup" isn't a movement I can genuinely get excited about, there are a lot more effective changes we can make to protect the creatures that live on this world right now.

It's tiresome now and personnally, I think the UK population has had enough.
    I know its only an anecdote but a friend told me her daughter had asked if she could miss school to go on a march for climate change today, my friend's answer was yes, if we agree as a family to take positive steps to reduce our carbon footprint, starting with cancelling next year's holiday to Turkey

The young lady went to school

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I know its only an anecdote but a friend told me her daughter had asked if she could miss school to go on a march for climate change today, my friend's answer was yes, if we agree as a family to take positive steps to reduce our carbon footprint, starting with cancelling next year's holiday to Turkey

The young lady went to school

Yep, the same generation that blames us
    1. insist on being driven to school
    2. Have every electrical device on the planet
    3. Clothes/trends by the wardrobe full
    4. Have central heating/ air conditioning at home and school.
    5. are the champions of fast food
    6. flown more than any child generation

Have no idea about sweets from a jar in a paper bag/ milk in bottles/ re using books/ walking in rain and snow/ living on home made food etc.
    It's laughable and their new idol is Greta Thunberk

I was just going to laugh at this, but it actually isn't funny.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/0...der-leyen-jet/

Yep, the same generation that blames us
    1. insist on being driven to school
    2. Have every electrical device on the planet
    3. Clothes/trends by the wardrobe full
    4. Have central heating/ air conditioning at home and school.
    5. are the champions of fast food
    6. flown more than any child generation

Have no idea about sweets from a jar in a paper bag/ milk in bottles/ re using books/ walking in rain and snow/ living on home made food etc.
    It's laughable and their new idol is Greta Thunberk
    Seems barely necessary to point out two things.

1. All the things you speak of are true...but they’re all the products of the reality that our generation has constructed. It isn’t the kids’ fault that they can’t remember ice on the inside of windows, walking to school and fish ‘n’ chips being the only form of fast food etc.

2. There are plenty of the younger generation that are concerned about global warming/climate change. It is, after all, their generation that is likely to suffer much more than ours.

I’m not quite sure what to make of Greta Thunberg...but she is an example of a member of the younger generation trying to change things and yet all she receives from you is ridicule. Can’t have it both ways Tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seems barely necessary to point out two things.

1. All the things you speak of are true...but they’re all the products of the reality that our generation has constructed. It isn’t the kids’ fault that they can’t remember ice on the inside of windows, walking to school and fish ‘n’ chips being the only form of fast food etc.

2. There are plenty of the younger generation that are concerned about global warming/climate change. It is, after all, their generation that is likely to suffer much more than ours.

I’m not quite sure what to make of Greta Thunberg...but she is an example of a member of the younger generation trying to change things and yet all she receives from you is ridicule. Can’t have it both ways Tricky.
    Greta is nothing more than a puppet being manipulated by corporations that stand to gain, from the Green Industry.
    She isn't very bright, having hardly ever been at school. She has Asbergers and basically knows bugger all about climate change, nor has she ever had a job. Yet she is lauded as a new Jesus Christ.

Her sole repertoire is whinge/moan/complain/insult/strop. Blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Not once does she answer a question on the solution or what to do. Not her fault entirely, as I said she's nothing more than a stooge.
    Perhaps her backers could give some advice? But her backers never seem to finger point at China/India/Russia? Strange that

The reality is, the younger generation can't have it both was RA.
    They love all the trimmings of modern life, yet don't grasp the reality of what they asking for means.
    That includes population reduction.
    Still I suppose nature has a way of evening up the scales eventually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)