+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Greta and the eco mouths.

Agree or disagree with young Greta, she started a one girl school strike against the causes of climate change and that snowballed into worldwide strikes by kids and then too many protest marches by adults to count. She got to speak to more world leaders than all of us will in our combined lifetimes and has had some effect on the issue.

Not bad for a (then) 15 year old girl with autism. Whether you're with or agin her, you have to admire her having the cojones to get a purpose and follow through on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrm Russia has been industrialising alot longer than 2 decades. Stalin made sure of that.
    They also threw massive amounts of GDP into miliatry supremecy. They are hardly "catching up".
    I do agree about the don't care bit though.
    Neither does China and neither does India. Both have global supremecy goals.
    Maybe I should have left a line space between my China comment and my Russia comment. The catch up bit was in relation to ONLY China.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Agree or disagree with young Greta, she started a one girl school strike against the causes of climate change and that snowballed into worldwide strikes by kids and then too many protest marches by adults to count. She got to speak to more world leaders than all of us will in our combined lifetimes and has had some effect on the issue.

Not bad for a (then) 15 year old girl with autism. Whether you're with or agin her, you have to admire her having the cojones to get a purpose and follow through on it.
    This is true. Personally I take more notice of Attenborough and other more scientifically knowledgeable individuals, but in terms of totemic significance with the younger generation no one can deny GT’s contribution.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-11-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Well her and her mates, need to think a bit on what their demands and actions mean.
    They are painting the picture of all combustion engines are the devil? ( yes my 235i I suppose)

But the reality is, leccy cars are not the innocents they paint.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ER-petrol.html

Well her and her mates, need to think a bit on what their demands and actions mean.
    They are painting the picture of all combustion engines are the devil? ( yes my 235i I suppose)

But the reality is, leccy cars are not the innocents they paint.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ER-petrol.html
    Fair point...which just goes to show how difficult and complex the whole question is.
    Maybe hydrogen has a bigger part to play than is currently recognised.
    We also need to acknowledge how difficult it will be for China to quickly change from reliance on coal given the relative size of the population and relative severity of the climate compared with our own.

Maybe the sudden, and untypical, transformation in relation to Johnson and his sudden desire to embrace the ‘green cause’ is the result of his own investments...or those of his ‘masters’. Who knows?

Something is going on though and, whatever the truth, avoiding the issue is not really an option.

my 235i I suppose)[/url]
    ****sake Tricky my window motors are more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ****sake Tricky my window motors are more powerful
    more than 306 BHP? Wow you have big windows.

more than 306 BHP? Wow you have big windows.
    336 more, my windows are chipped

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    336 more, my windows are chipped
    Should have them re mapped. It'll help in league one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)