+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Greta and the eco mouths.

O/T Greta and the eco mouths.

As we all know COP26 has been in full swing, with the hypocrisy of those attending in their private jets and cavalcades.

Greta is swearing and slagging off the UK. Boris has a green hard on for some reason, while our bills are going through the roof.

I ask myself, WTF is the point of us doing anymore?
    We are already ahead of the game, yet our cutting helps practically zip?

I couldn't believe it reading that China has 1082 coal powered leccy stations, is building another 43 and openeing another 18 blast furnaces?

It's tiresome now and personnally, I think the UK population has had enough.
    The sqeaking Swede nut job, can rant all she likes, but perhaps she ought to bugger off to Beijing and try squealing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    As we all know COP26 has been in full swing, with the hypocrisy of those attending in their private jets and cavalcades.

Greta is swearing and slagging off the UK. Boris has a green hard on for some reason, while our bills are going through the roof.

I ask myself, WTF is the point of us doing anymore?
    We are already ahead of the game, yet our cutting helps practically zip?

I couldn't believe it reading that China has 1082 coal powered leccy stations, is building another 43 and openeing another 18 blast furnaces?

It's tiresome now and personnally, I think the UK population has had enough.
    The sqeaking Swede nut job, can rant all she likes, but perhaps she ought to bugger off to Beijing and try squealing there?
    You do realise that Nottingham is just 46m above sea level don’t you?

I wouldn’t put it quite as you have but, sadly, you do have a point.
    I’ve never really got all the Greta Thunberg stuff, although when David Attenborough speaks...I listen.
    Setting a good example apart I’m not sure what little old Britain can do when China, India and Australia are amongst those sticking with coal...or when there is diddly squat chance of US motorists changing their habits and moving to electric vehicles.

Something does have to change though, but I doubt COP26 will achieve much other than ‘lip-service’ and more ‘hot air’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You do realise that Nottingham is just 46m above sea level don’t you?

I wouldn’t put it quite as you have but, sadly, you do have a point.
    I’ve never really got all the Greta Thunberg stuff, although when David Attenborough speaks...I listen.
    Setting a good example apart I’m not sure what little old Britain can do when China, India and Australia are amongst those sticking with coal...or when there is diddly squat chance of US motorists changing their habits and moving to electric vehicles.

Something does have to change though, but I doubt COP26 will achieve much other than ‘lip-service’ and more ‘hot air’.
    46 M is fine. In fact I could end up with a 30 minute drive to the coast. My house price will soar. Result!

But Joking apart RA, why us? The Swedish nut job rants. We have Extinction rebellion running amock. Insulate Britian gluing themselves to tarmac. It's crap it really is.
    Johnson seems to have a hard on for this and wants to throw money at it left right and center.
    (assuming this is Carries doing)
    Tax payer has to foot the bill and the foreign aid rip off is going back up?
    Why not spend that foreign aid here? In effect, if you listen to these fanatics, then the investment helps folk abroad. Same difference really.

3 Chinese power stations, aparently burn the equivalent of all the UK's coal burn?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 04-11-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    46 M is fine. In fact I could end up with a 30 minute drive to the coast. My house price will soar. Result!

But Joking apart RA, why us? The Swedish nut job rants. We have Extinction rebellion running amock. Insulate Britian gluing themselves to tarmac. It's crap it really is.
    Johnson seems to have a hard on for this and wants to throw money at it left right and center.
    (assuming this is Carries doing)
    Tax payer has to foot the bill and the foreign aid rip off is going back up?
    Why not spend that foreign aid here? In effect, if you listen to these fanatics, then the investment helps folk abroad. Same difference really.

3 Chinese power stations, aparently burn the equivalent of all the UK's coal burn?
    COP 26 Seems to me like putting the whole class into detention while the two naughtiest pupils play truant.

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    COP 26 Seems to me like putting the whole class into detention while the two naughtiest pupils play truant.
    I like that, good analogy.

Similar discussions going on here too. We're pretty much ahead of the game as is the UK. Shell even have a Court Order telling them when and by how much they must decrease emissions or face fines of hundreds of millions. This as a result of a lawsuit and an appeal by Shell after they lost the case. They lost the appeal too.

Where countries like Brazil and India do have a point is that they are doing now, what "the west" has been doing for >200 years. They are the ones, in the main, currently emitting greenhouse gases but they are merely adding to what we had created in the past. Maybe we should look at helping them, financially, to create new energy sources. Especially when you consider the monetary value the UK ripped from India during our colonial rule there and elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Similar discussions going on here too. We're pretty much ahead of the game as is the UK. Shell even have a Court Order telling them when and by how much they must decrease emissions or face fines of hundreds of millions. This as a result of a lawsuit and an appeal by Shell after they lost the case. They lost the appeal too.

Where countries like Brazil and India do have a point is that they are doing now, what "the west" has been doing for >200 years. They are the ones, in the main, currently emitting greenhouse gases but they are merely adding to what we had created in the past. Maybe we should look at helping them, financially, to create new energy sources. Especially when you consider the monetary value the UK ripped from India during our colonial rule there and elsewhere....
    Spoken like an inhabitant of a city that is actually, I think, below sea level. You’re probably right though...and from a nation that does know a thing or two about dams and managing the threat posed by water.

Brazil is ripping down Forests ( bollox before some one says it ) purely to grow things like palm oil, that has to stop.
    India shoul dstop wasting its money on space exploration etc then'

Still doesn't explain Russia/China does it?

I don't know about the colonial rule thing but whatever we ripped out of India I'm sure we've paid back in aid, I find it hard to swallow that we still send aid to India while they have a 2 billion dollar a year space program and is capable of building and putting satelites into orbit and you say we sould help them financially to create new energy sources! I'm all for helping poorer countries but clearly India is not as poor as its making out, they need to help themselves first before we start topping up their coffers

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Spoken like an inhabitant of a city that is actually, I think, below sea level. You’re probably right though...and from a nation that does know a thing or two about dams and managing the threat posed by water.
    My house is 5m below sea level

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)