+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 games in

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The person who originally told me the saying said “rubbish in, rubbish out”:
    Your saying is an American term as they speak about Garbage.
    Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Wrong
    Perhaps your parents told you to put your garbage in your garbage bin.
    I was told by m parents to put my rubbish in our rubbish bin.

Perhaps your parents told you to put your garbage in your garbage bin.
    I was told by m parents to put my rubbish in our rubbish bin.
    The saying has never been rubbish in, rubbish out It has always been garbage in, garbage out.

Just because someone once said to you rubbish in, rubbish out it doesn't mean they were right, that person did not develop the phrase and does not have copyright on it. Maybe they were just an awkward, stubborn old fuddy duddy that thought the word 'garbage' was an American invention and refused to use it? Was that person an Accountant by any chance?

For the record the word garbage has been in my vocabulary all my life and I use it very regularly - I'm from Kirkton and have no connection to the U.S of A by the way. Although I have to admit to having an extremely high IQ, maybe that's why I use the correct words and the person that told you 'rubbish in, rubbish out' was just a bit thick?

The saying has never been rubbish in, rubbish out It has always been garbage in, garbage out.

Just because someone once said to you rubbish in, rubbish out it doesn't mean they were right, that person did not develop the phrase and does not have copyright on it. Maybe they were just an awkward, stubborn old fuddy duddy that thought the word 'garbage' was an American invention and refused to use it? Was that person an Accountant by any chance?

For the record the word garbage has been in my vocabulary all my life and I use it very regularly - I'm from Kirkton and have no connection to the U.S of A by the way. Although I have to admit to having an extremely high IQ, maybe that's why I use the correct words and the person that told you 'rubbish in, rubbish out' was just a bit thick?
    Slightly tenuous link between kirkton and USA......I remember seeing a us senator (I think) arguing about sanitation on fox news.....her name jeanne kirkton.

Can't remember what words she used.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Slightly tenuous link between kirkton and USA......I remember seeing a us senator (I think) arguing about sanitation on fox news.....her name jeanne kirkton.

Can't remember what words she used.��
    Dinnae fling yer half ate pehs doon the lavvie, it's barkit would maybe fit.

I enclose an article regarding the term “Garbage in, Garbage out” which is worth reading.
    I thought that you were becoming more conciliatory with your posts on Dundee Mad but sadly you have slipped back to your old argumentative ways.
    People like you who will not accept other people’s points of view, cause the death of forums because other posters give up and post elsewhere or do not bother posting at all.

I enclose an article regarding the term “Garbage in, Garbage out” which is worth reading.
    I thought that you were becoming more conciliatory with your posts on Dundee Mad but sadly you have slipped back to your old argumentative ways.
    People like you who will not accept other people’s points of view, cause the death of forums because other posters give up and post elsewhere or do not bother posting at all.
    I'm not argumentative at all I'm educating you and others.

You didn't attach your link to the article.

For what it’s worth Garbage In Garbage out is the correct aphorism. It is an American expression and that explains the use of the word Garbage. I disagree the Deeranged has reverted to his old argumentative ways. He never left them and appears to have returned to them because you persist in denying that he is right.
    Sorry Islay but I have been celebrating a Hearts victory and feel a bit of pusses shut narrative is appropriate.

I'm not argumentative at all I'm educating you and others.

You didn't attach your link to the article.
    I enclose a link for your reference. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    For what it’s worth Garbage In Garbage out is the correct aphorism. It is an American expression and that explains the use of the word Garbage. I disagree the Deeranged has reverted to his old argumentative ways. He never left them and appears to have returned to them because you persist in denying that he is right.
    Sorry Islay but I have been celebrating a Hearts victory and feel a bit of pusses shut narrative is appropriate.
    Why should I say that he is right when I know that I have always spoken about putting rubbish in the bin.
    The Couo at Riverside which caused the West End smell in the mid 1970’s was known as the rubbish dump not the garbage dump though what this has to do with the topic “6 games in” is beyond me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)