+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 games in

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Why should I say that he is right when I know that I have always spoken about putting rubbish in the bin.
    The Couo at Riverside which caused the West End smell in the mid 1970’s was known as the rubbish dump not the garbage dump though what this has to do with the topic “6 games in” is beyond me.
    I’ve always said put the sh1te in the bin , and it’s a sh1te tip , but then again everyone is different

I enclose a link for your reference. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out
    Which confirms that 'rubbish in, rubbish out' is alternate wording for the phrase 'garbage in, garbage out'. Thanks for confirming that the latter is the correct and original wording.

Why should I say that he is right when I know that I have always spoken about putting rubbish in the bin.
    The Couo at Riverside which caused the West End smell in the mid 1970’s was known as the rubbish dump not the garbage dump though what this has to do with the topic “6 games in” is beyond me.
    It was you that turned the topic away from the OP by mentioning 'rubbish in, rubbish out'; I simply corrected you on that and you went off on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It was you that turned the topic away from the OP by mentioning 'rubbish in, rubbish out'; I simply corrected you on that and you went off on one.
    If you read Post number 5 your will read that my comment was still to do with this topic but you chose to completely drag it ‘off topic’.
    However I am not going to sit back a let a ‘know all’ dictate to me just because they prefer using an American term for rubbish.
    Too many British words are being Americanised.
    There are bunkers in golf courses throughout the U.K. but the golf commentators on the BBC and Sky Spirts will persist in quoting the American term calling it a trap.

If you read Post number 5 your will read that my comment was still to do with this topic but you chose to completely drag it ‘off topic’.
    However I am not going to sit back a let a ‘know all’ dictate to me just because they prefer using an American term for rubbish.
    Too many British words are being Americanised.
    There are bunkers in golf courses throughout the U.K. but the golf commentators on the BBC and Sky Spirts will persist in quoting the American term calling it a trap.
    Aaahhh of course, post number 5 where you stated there was a well known saying 'rubbish in, rubbish out' which had little, if anything, to do with the OP which was about the ridiculous upcoming scheduling of games.

I of course simply pointed out to you that the well known saying is in fact 'garbage in, garbage out' at which point you went off on one.

Aaahhh of course, post number 5 where you stated there was a well known saying 'rubbish in, rubbish out' which had little, if anything, to do with the OP which was about the ridiculous upcoming scheduling of games.

I of course simply pointed out to you that the well known saying is in fact 'garbage in, garbage out' at which point you went off on one.
    It had plenty to do with the topic.
    We never had this problem playing two games at Home followed by two games away from home when the fixture list for the next season was dawn up by hand.
    We used to be playing at home one Saturday and playing away from home the next Saturday. I have previously carried out my own research after a previous topic on a Dundee FC forum raised the problem of us playing two League games at home with the next two League games being played away from home.
    I checked the book ‘They Wore the Dark Blue’ which lists the team and the date that every League fixture was played in every season up to the date the book was published with separate sections for cup games and friendlies.
    Occasionally we played two games at home on successive Saturdays in a season but nothing like as often as nowadays since the SPFL started compiling their annual fixture list using their computer.
    I can understand it being a bit more complicated drawing up the SPFL fixture list if Dundee and United are playing in different SPFL leagues but this season they have no excuse as Dundee and United are both playing in the Premier League.
    How does this fiasco continually happen season after season.
    Internet forums are part of the problem.
    In the past Football supporters would write to the Letters Page of national or local newspapers highlighting this problem and the sports staff employed by the newspapers would contact the management of the Scottish League (pre SPFL) to highlight this problem.
    Now few people write letters to newspapers preferring to raise their concerns on the Facebook page of these newspapers or highlighting the problem on forums like Dundee Mad or Pravda (aka the Dark Blues Forum).
    As a result the management at the SPFL never receive complaints about their fixture list and they think that the supporters of every SPFL member club is happy with the current fixture list.

I give up

I give up
    Is that a stoppage, a technical ko or towel thrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is that a stoppage, a technical ko or towel thrown?
    Towel

Towel
    Islay is the cliff thorburn of Dee mad.....the grinder.😁

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)