+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swindon

Swindon

Anybody going? I'm not in the camp of it being a distraction so I'll be there. However, I'm not looking forward to it as it's a hiding to nothing regardless of how crap our season is.
    Bearing in mind it's the Pizza Cup next week, DA doesn't need to make wholesale changes for Saturday but I imagine Lundstram will get a game. DA is making noises about the recent U23 game against Peterboro' so I guess Finney will get a runout as well. Connor Salisbury is also being mentioned but surely that'll be against Wolves U21s.
    Whatever team we put out, I assume Swindon will get 2 or 3 goals with none in reply. Did I mention optimism last week? Ah well, I think it was a sunny day!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anybody going? I'm not in the camp of it being a distraction so I'll be there. However, I'm not looking forward to it as it's a hiding to nothing regardless of how crap our season is.
    Bearing in mind it's the Pizza Cup next week, DA doesn't need to make wholesale changes for Saturday but I imagine Lundstram will get a game. DA is making noises about the recent U23 game against Peterboro' so I guess Finney will get a runout as well. Connor Salisbury is also being mentioned but surely that'll be against Wolves U21s.
    Whatever team we put out, I assume Swindon will get 2 or 3 goals with none in reply. Did I mention optimism last week? Ah well, I think it was a sunny day!

Don’t intend to attend the FA Cup game tomorrow or the game against Wolves U21 next Tuesday. Can’t see anything other than a defeat tomorrow so going for 0-4 to Swindon. After Tuesday dire performance my glass is 3/4 empty at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Don’t intend to attend the FA Cup game tomorrow or the game against Wolves U21 next Tuesday. Can’t see anything other than a defeat tomorrow so going for 0-4 to Swindon. After Tuesday dire performance my glass is 3/4 empty at present.
    At present?

Now, now SA! How about a prediction?

... I guess Finney will get a runout as well. Connor Salisbury is also being mentioned but surely that'll be against Wolves U21s.
    Agreed Gazan, think Finney and Lundstram will be in the squad ...
    .. and hoping Connor Salisbury is at least on the bench today.🤞

Prediction, 3-2 win - glass not as full as it was earlier in the season 😉

Now, now SA! How about a prediction?
    I hate predicting scores - spoken to Swindon fans I know who say if they were at home they'd think we have a good chance of beating them. Like us (and them) 2 years ago, visiting teams are sitting back saying get round us if you can, and hoping to nick a goal - and it's working for some. Away, their hosts feel they have to attack and Swindon are regularly getting in behind them to score. We may not have the confidence to attack like that even against lower opposition, so could be a tighter game - maybe decided by the odd goal - though my Swindon friends are right that neither team will want a replay so perhaps a late flurry? In that case I predict a draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post

Anybody now still think that Big Dave is the man for the job ?

After the changes to the squad from last season it is pretty obvious now that the replacements are not at least of equivalent standard to measure up to the requirements needed to retain the clubs presence in League One. With that scenario I very much doubt that a change of Manager would have the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidler View Post
    After the changes to the squad from last season it is pretty obvious now that the replacements are not at least of equivalent standard to measure up to the requirements needed to retain the clubs presence in League One. With that scenario I very much doubt that a change of Manager would have the desired effect.

It would but the board are going to have to dig very deep into their pockets because I’m afraid free agents being paid 2 peas and a conker gets you the utter crap we are witnessing at the moment, my glass is now completely empty.

Although he HAS to change the passing out from the back thing. Okay once or twice but you need variation. Enough of the dogma, do what's best with what we've got.
    Again, how many shots did we have? There were at least 3 opportunities for shots that were not taken as noone will take responsibility or DA tells them not to.
    For those shouting for his head, who do you want instead, Kenny, Lee Bell or Morris?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast