+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matchday thread: Millwall v.Derby

Matchday thread: Millwall v.Derby

After recent results and performances, I don't have a good feeling about this one at all

Anyone going to disavail me of my resigned mood?

Anyone?

I feel and fear much the same. Low on confidence and a particularly hostile venue.
    Expect a 3-1 defeat...but I had the same feeling two weeks ago at Coventry so...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I feel and fear much the same. Low on confidence and a particularly hostile venue.
    Expect a 3-1 defeat...but I had the same feeling two weeks ago at Coventry so...who knows?
    I feel and fear our ageing centre backs and dodgy keepers have been found out. Millwall to play Rowettball and Matt Smith on the end of it. 2-0 loss.

Actually, I'm going to shock you. I think you'll win by the odd goal.
    You are way over due and Milwall have a habit of losing their heads.

I'm going to see a Dr now. (probably Queens med, as my GP has vanished)

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    I feel and fear our ageing centre backs and dodgy keepers have been found out. Millwall to play Rowettball and Matt Smith on the end of it. 2-0 loss.
    Such positivity Wessoram, I'm going to be more logical! 4-0 to Millwall!
    (I'm not expecting another win before Jan!)

Surprising point. Byrne’s red card less of a shock...been coming.

Gritty performance. Byrne is a liability, red card waiting to happen.
    Fair do's to the lads but looking at the upcoming fixtures we could be well adrift by Xmas!

Better side on the day. Looked more comfortable going forward and there was speed and purpose to the attack without Morrison. Coincidence?

Why was Molly given so much room? Why didn't our right back close him down once he got the ball and, failing that, why didn't the right midfielder track back or the DM get to him. Even when he got the ball, nobody went even towards him never mind at him and should the keeper really get beaten from that range?

Our right back? Shirt pulling in the box and bear hugging in the box at every opportunity. Some of it before the kick/throw is taken which isn't a foul but far too much of it after it HAS been taken which is a penalty any day of the week. Some will say it's a contact sport, which it is, but some types of contact are prohibited and it's exactly those types which Byrne seems to love. His sending off was a disgrace all the same. Hardly a foul in my book.

The ref? Was I the only one to spot the Millwall tattoo on his forehead? They got away with murder. Shirt pulling to slow down/stop an attack developing isn't a foul, never mind a yellow card when it's a Derby player on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Better side on the day. Looked more comfortable going forward and there was speed and purpose to the attack without Morrison. Coincidence?

Why was Molly given so much room? Why didn't our right back close him down once he got the ball and, failing that, why didn't the right midfielder track back or the DM get to him. Even when he got the ball, nobody went even towards him never mind at him and should the keeper really get beaten from that range?

Our right back? Shirt pulling in the box and bear hugging in the box at every opportunity. Some of it before the kick/throw is taken which isn't a foul but far too much of it after it HAS been taken which is a penalty any day of the week. Some will say it's a contact sport, which it is, but some types of contact are prohibited and it's exactly those types which Byrne seems to love. His sending off was a disgrace all the same. Hardly a foul in my book.

The ref? Was I the only one to spot the Millwall tattoo on his forehead? They got away with murder. Shirt pulling to slow down/stop an attack developing isn't a foul, never mind a yellow card when it's a Derby player on the receiving end.
    Only seen short highlights but this and other games (Ebosele twice here inc his goal) suggest all the younger players are underhitting their passes/shots, its so frequent they seem like they've been coached to do this. To me, getting the ball to the target and letting the other fellahdeal with it is better than not getting it there, am I seeing things?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)