+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come fireworks are legal

How come fireworks are legal

I've never in my puff thrown/lit/participated in any firework ****e.

What's the ****ing point?

Genuinely don't get it.

Remember those old public information films telling you no to go back to a firework you've lit or you'll get your puss burnt aff.....I used to think why do it in the 1st place.

Now you can't have a fag or take a pyrotechnic (Smokey thing) into the fitba but you can turn your back garden into the battle of the Somme before going over the top and it's perfectly ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I've never in my puff thrown/lit/participated in any firework ****e.

What's the ****ing point?

Genuinely don't get it.

Remember those old public information films telling you no to go back to a firework you've lit or you'll get your puss burnt aff.....I used to think why do it in the 1st place.

Now you can't have a fag or take a pyrotechnic (Smokey thing) into the fitba but you can turn your back garden into the battle of the Somme before going over the top and it's perfectly ok.
    You missed out on a lot, spent a week getting salvage for the bonfire in the the backies,,
    Throwing bangers up closies, barking doggies, taking fireworks to bits, and making your own,
    Baked tattoos in the bonfire, and throwing caps on the bonfire when everyone is standing round it !

Oh forgot! Also plenty milk bottles to launch your rockets !
    Boring as feck now, nae bonfires, only sparklers and display fireworks fae half a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    You missed out on a lot, spent a week getting salvage for the bonfire in the the backies,,
    Throwing bangers up closies, barking doggies, taking fireworks to bits, and making your own,
    Baked tattoos in the bonfire, and throwing caps on the bonfire when everyone is standing round it !
    Standing around a bonfire.....ffs wicker man schemies.😂

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Great memories. My granny's birthday was 5th November so we alway had fireworks. Used to be boxes with bright burning fireworks a couple of rockets that just went ffffizzz and one big rocket which was the highlight with a couple or three bright stars the twinkled down. The bangers were very loud but probably quite tame and my Grandfather always jumped about when the barking doggies let off. Could not believe the difference when we went to Balgay Park and saw what really expensive fireworks were like.

Only great memory of 5th November is Peter Mackie putting the neighbours in there place

Celebrating failure has never been my thing - the guy failed in his admirable efforts to destroy 'democracy'. Why celebrate that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Celebrating failure has never been my thing - the guy failed in his admirable efforts to destroy 'democracy'. Why celebrate that?
    THAT democracy survived, seems a good reason ?

I is now legal to set off fireworks on New Year morning up to 1am and at Dwahli when ever that takes place.

Ban the buggering things.....pointless.

And why is there never an actual effigy on the bonfires now? It's either a few mattresses, a fiat panda or pallets.....never an actual GUY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)