+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saints “Ground hog day AGAIN”

Angry Saints “Ground hog day AGAIN”

Well we lasted almost 180 seconds before conceding

What the fcuk El Ghazi was doing on the pitch in the first place only Allah knows ! gets booked, tempts fate by hacking another player down follows this with his pièce de résistance throwing himself to the floor …. in fairness he did launch a couple of exploratory projectiles into hyper space

Has Smith had “morphed” into Steve Bruce throwing on Archer, Davies & hoping for some miracle (in the shape of a long throw) falling our way, thus masking yet another inept performance

If he wants players chasing aimlessly around after the ball he might care to cast an eye over my dog I can testify to his ball retention skills ...different level to those currently being displayed by any Villa player !

Sadly I anticipate Villa will announce Deano’s on gardening leave soon , especially in view of how swiftly Purslow instigated the disposal of the far more astute Rafa Benítez

The camera focusing on Purslow's face told a story, unfortuately I do not think it will be long and lets face it, it needs turning around Now, we have two weeks to get players fit in a hope there will be a reaction or watse two weeks finding a replacement. Its not so much players need dropping, its the fact we just dont seem to be able to pass, control a ball or even shoot. Something is not right, maybe Terry and Riley knew something? This set piece guy looks like hes missing his skateboard rather than being a coach. Deano looks like the dreaded, dead man walking. What I dont want to see is him hounded out by the fans, if he goes it needs to be with dignity, we want to say Thank You Deano, you have taken us as far as you can and your welcome back to VP anytime. The next few days are going to be interesting, if hes still there Tuesday morning, he will be given time and the real work begins. Hopefully the injuries will clear up, we need to stop players travelling around the globe and get rid of the deadwood and belive it or not there still is deadwood. Elghazi, Davies, Sanson (just what happened to him last night) Nakamba, if Newcastle are willing to pay 15m for him, snap their hands off. When we brought in Ings, Bailey and Buendia, I thought great move but what its done is messed with the team, formation, tactics and the players understanding and just what has happened to Watkins? Would we have been better off going for a big name signing to replace Jack, it just seems 3 in 1 just does not go!
    Steady the ship or react? I know if old deadly was around the devision would have already been made!
    Target is 20 pts by Christmas thats the half way mark for survival which means your in a relegation battle and we are, like it or not!

Buendia got the highest rating of any player, yet he literally stood still for a few seconds before suddenly realising he needed to run 10 yards forward to support his teammate in possession. We badly miss Jack and Bailey's early promise looks to have evaporated, there's just no chemistry on the flanks and we give it away for fun - WTF are they doing in training.

I don't think we have the beating of single team the way things are, maybe Luiz & Sanson will transform the midfield and we can utilise Ings who is quality. There's still some hope!

It’s still not be fully explained why Terry and Riley left. It’s not as if they left for another challenge. I suspect there might be something unsettling going on in the background. But you have to be careful what you hope for. It’s not as if we haven’t spun around on the managerial merry go round before until we were dizzy. Man U got rid of Moyes, look where he is now. Sheffield united got rid of Wilder, look where they are now. Sometimes it’s worth keeping the faith just as Arsenal and Southampton have this season. Deano deserves the backing and patience of our fans and the club for where he has got us so far.

Apparently, ROK left as he was being asked to join the U21s, Picasso. He didn't fancy it and saw it as a demotion.

Terry wanted to become a manager in his own right, so the story goes.

Ah yes, O’Kelly. I got the wrong name. Either way, neither he or Terry have gone on to bigger things as far as I can see. All seems very strange.

Ditto P, the truth will probably out, long after we're both dead and buried/cremated/set out to sea, or displayed for public hilarity.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)