+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye bye artell

Bye bye artell

Switch the lights off on your way out !!!

Genuinely, I respect everyone's right to express their view, but you've made your point about thinking DA should go repeatedly. Honestly, it's getting sort of boring and repetitive now. If you've got nothing constructive to add to that, don't say anything. It's not helpful, just destructive. Too many people in the crowd today yelling abuse at young players. Screaming at the likes of Rio, J'Neill, etc. that they're rubbish and clueless is not going to help them rediscover any sort of decent form, or develop into the sort of payer we want them to be. And just keeping on harping on that the manager should be sacked is understandable, given our recent form, but not helpful. What, apart from getting a new manager in, can we do to try and turn it around? Offer something constructive, instead of just doom and gloom. It's very easy to be negative. Not so easy to turn the negative around.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    Genuinely, I respect everyone's right to express their view, but you've made your point about thinking DA should go repeatedly. Honestly, it's getting sort of boring and repetitive now. If you've got nothing constructive to add to that, don't say anything. It's not helpful, just destructive. Too many people in the crowd today yelling abuse at young players. Screaming at the likes of Rio, J'Neill, etc. that they're rubbish and clueless is not going to help them rediscover any sort of decent form, or develop into the sort of payer we want them to be. And just keeping on harping on that the manager should be sacked is understandable, given our recent form, but not helpful. What, apart from getting a new manager in, can we do to try and turn it around? Offer something constructive, instead of just doom and gloom. It's very easy to be negative. Not so easy to turn the negative around.

It’s not the players that are to blame it is Artell and just because we are Crewe we should not except the inept handling of matters on the field, and I will continue to make my point respectfully on this forum. I am sorry that I have nothing constructive to say but guess what unless you are part of the rose tinted glasses brigade there is nothing constructive or positive to say where Dave Artell is concerned.

Poor recruitment
    Our own academy produced players refusing to play for the club
    Micky mouse formations
    Chopping and changing
    FOUR CENTER HALVES SELECTED IN THE STARTING LINE UP

The common denominator of this DAVE ARTELL !!!!!!

Okay that's negatives in the analysis. Nobody is expecting you to give up on wanting DA out, but would that be the only thing to solve the crisis. I personally want to engage with you for your suggestions and we can discuss it. Wanting analysis is not about rose-tinted specs as analysis can be positive or negative or even a bit of both. Whether positive (I'm sure there's not much of that about!!) or negative, what's the solution? I think people shouting crap/garbage and sack the manager is not enough.

Look, DA is not too blame when as he just said on post match interview that the players or some don't seem to care anymore whether they get beat or not. He was almost in tears as he loves this club and hates what's happening this season.

You are only as good as the squad of players and in reality we seem on the face of it and you will know better than me that maybe just maybe most of this team are just not up to L1 standard and so down we will go and what can DA do anyway? Go and get some better players in? No chance and so its a case as always of rebuilding the squad. Loan players mmmm...I am not convinced they want to pull up any roots when they are here today and gone tomorrow and why DA decision to leave out players who refuse to sign extensions to contracts is the right one as if all the academy players who have had millions spent on their development put two fingers up to the club and why I have no time for such players ever...So we have loan players who don't want to be here and academy players who want away asap.

The answer is not to sack a manager who weeps with us all when things don't go according to plan.

We will rise again and its a matter of being patient and taking the rough with the smooth..

ATB everyone.

Hope Luckour is OK as not seen him on here recently..

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Okay that's negatives in the analysis. Nobody is expecting you to give up on wanting DA out, but would that be the only thing to solve the crisis. I personally want to engage with you for your suggestions and we can discuss it. Wanting analysis is not about rose-tinted specs as analysis can be positive or negative or even a bit of both. Whether positive (I'm sure there's not much of that about!!) or negative, what's the solution? I think people shouting crap/garbage and sack the manager is not enough.

Ok here we go

Replace the manager with somebody who has more experience we need somebody who knows more than Gresty road and reaseheath.
    The academy needs looking at I am not saying scrap it and never would but I think it takes too much money away from the first team.

Increase the clubs first team budget this year I think it is apparent to most that we have not increased the budget we have just recruited less players in than have left.

Assess the recruitment policy as it is apparent our current policy is floored

Assess our loan policy as it is apparent this is also floored

To start with.

The only way that the fans can help is to support the players ...

Anyone remember 22 December 1998 (?)

We were away at QPR, and had not won for nearly 20 games !!

The support that day was fantastic (no booing/criticising) and the players responded to it ...

Can still see the looks on the players faces when they came over to applaud the fans at the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    The only way that the fans can help is to support the players ...

Anyone remember 22 December 1998 (?)

We were away at QPR, and had not won for nearly 20 games !!

The support that day was fantastic (no booing/criticising) and the players responded to it ...

Can still see the looks on the players faces when they came over to applaud the fans at the final whistle.
    I do Crewe won 1-0 and we only had 1 loan player in the squad Danny Murphy look at the quality of players we loan nowadays if only we loaned players of that quality now instead of the rank average dross we currently have we would probably be doing a lot better.

We were in (what is now) the Championship.
    Anyway, Wartman, brilliant response! I won't reply yet as I'll have to give it some thought.