+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell stun Aberdeen with a KVV double

Motherwell stun Aberdeen with a KVV double

Two goals from Kevin Van Veen gave Motherwell an unlikely 2-0 triumph at Pittodrie. The winless run has ended. - LINK

Did anyone ever think it was in doubt at 1545 ?

We should be ecstatic at such a result, but (not yet having seen the highlights), the stats show it was efficiency at its maximum. Can anyone tell me why Woolery (who has looked lively on the few times I have seen him on telly) can't at least get part of some games to stretch the opposition? At least we can go into the International break a bit more relaxed - o s**t, I forgot, we will have to sit through Scotland in Moldova! Never mind, I'm off to the golf course now, 31oC here, but a nice buggy to ride around in!!

Enjoy the golf because although you will enjoy our winning goals I doubt you will enjoy anything else on the highlights. It was great to win but watching the first half was like rubbing salt into a wound. Excruciatingly bad. Our passing is awful. We seem incapable of finding our own players and it just invites waves of attack from opponents who sweep down on our goal. Fortunately, Aberdeen failed (again) to turn their chances into goals. Last weekend Rangers showed we happens when a team does take chances. The way we are playing is not good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Enjoy the golf because although you will enjoy our winning goals I doubt you will enjoy anything else on the highlights. It was great to win but watching the first half was like rubbing salt into a wound. Excruciatingly bad. Our passing is awful. We seem incapable of finding our own players and it just invites waves of attack from opponents who sweep down on our goal. Fortunately, Aberdeen failed (again) to turn their chances into goals. Last weekend Rangers showed we happens when a team does take chances. The way we are playing is not good to watch.
    Truth be told ... we've never been good to watch under GA. His 'long baw' tactics and backs to the wall approach is absolutely dire. I hear Slattery was benched because he 'trys to play fitbaw' ... !!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Truth be told ... we've never been good to watch under GA. His 'long baw' tactics and backs to the wall approach is absolutely dire. I hear Slattery was benched because he 'trys to play fitbaw' ... !!
    The only thing I've enjoyed has been the points racking up. I know that it's hard to, but if we don't count the OF debacles we're actually quite well placed in the 'Goals For' stats and 'Goals Against' lists. Chuck in the fact that Hearts needed a pen and a free kick to score, and we really are, in our peer group, hard to get through. (We're giving away too many pens, but that's another story. Yellow cards as well.).
    HOWEVER, we are just boring. For the first time in years I didn't got to Pittodrie; it's not worth a 400+ mile round trip to watch the stuff we're producing so I ppv'd it instead.
    I'm delighted that we beat Aberdeen, and I'll always turn up to Fir Park, but I'm getting very little enjoyment or entertainment out of our approach.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)