+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who next then

And bring Suarez with you

Welcome to B6 Stevie G - enjoy the ride!

Cant say he would have been my first choice, but in fairness he may well be the best of those who were genuinely available and/or interested, he seems to have a good team around him, and recognises that, I hope Danks and Nanny mac arnt around long, othing personal but I dont see they offer anything extra to those Gerrard is bringing with him, keep Cutler though, in his own part of the coaching field he is well thought of. Good luck Steven, if you bring the same talent as a coach as you did as a player we will be well pleased.

I see Stevie G has brought ALL his backroom staff but We have kept Nanny Mcphee and Cutler, Crikey they will have to extend the dugout.
    I don't know about you guys but this all seems a bit deliberate, a bit too soon, to smooth!!

Yep sounds like the board were just waiting for an excuse to sack deano and bring in Gerrard. Terrys exit was odd. Gerrard has been linked for a few months now.

Purslow sacked Smith knowing Gerrard would say yes to us. Had to be otherwise he would have kept Smith.
    At the very start of the season there was back page article claiming Gerrard will take over but I cannot find it. Maybe Smith and the players knew he was going, thats why form has dipped, the arguing started? Maybe thats why Terry and the other assistant left sharpish? Oh well, its done now. Just got to get behind Stevie while we have him...

Sounds about right Dave.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)