+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ot - Climate change protestors

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Extremely difficult for folk of our age to change our ways .

That sounds like a cop out and I suppose to a certain extent it is but we've become accustomed to living our lives the way we do and paying the prices we are happy enough to pay .

Guilt tripping through my grandkids is possibly the way I'll change my ways but even then I'm not so sure I'm going to convert to solar panels for my electric , buy a heat pump or run an electric car anytime soon .

By my own admission I don't or haven't taken this subject seriously at all and I've said I'm going to have to be led on the matter .

It doesn't appear the world's government's take it anymore serious either given the conference that's just ended .
    I think a lot is to do with the fact that, (quite possibly), our generation will be “reasonably well off enough” as regards provision for old age as regards fuel, cars, transport etc. I think we will be the last generation to see decent pension schemes ( that pay out decent pensions, ) and that our sons and daughters won’t be seeing returns on their pension contributions that we did.
    we think we will be reasonably OK in our old age……
    We only then to think about our offsprings future and their offsprings future when they look us in the eyes and recognise us as “Grandad…Grandma……”. It hits home then that we have a responsibility to try to protect what’s coming……
    It’s something that I’ve only just experienced…… as a recent Grandparent…..
    but I’m now starting to think about it. ….and that’s my point.
    Perhaps it’s too late………..
    let’s hope the youngsters at 9 and 10 who are seemingly very knowledgeable and passionate about Climate change can change things, and care better, (and sooner!!!) than we have,

So they are finally dealing with these cretins by putting them in jail. But I bet it will be a waste of time anyway because they will probably only serve about 2 months of easy time.
    Lets see though if they still want to try and discuss the merits of tree hugging and road blocking while Mr Big and his mates are coming after them in the showers. 😄

Seriously though, they have brought this on themselves and I hope their punishments get tougher from now on!.

" gerrum up manningham lane" BOB !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    " gerrum up manningham lane" BOB !
    Sounds a bit uncomfortable that lol, they won't be able to sit down on any roads for a few months. 😂

Nahh then, who wants to protest and glue themselves to the West stand ?.

Weer are they gerrin glu from ? !,,,,,,

I don't know, but we certainly need to investigate this a bit more and sniff it out lol.
    I see one of these sorry individuals is now threatening a hunger strike in prison. Ohh well that means there will be more nut cutlets and veggie whoppers for everybody else. Yum yum!!.

History shows us individuals that are now deemed to be a saint.

A special person with a message for us all.

People in the future will look back at Greta Thunberg as one of those individuals.

Greta Thunberg, didn't he used to manage Goteborg Fc (Gothenburg), just like our new coach did ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Greta Thunberg, didn't he used to manage Goteborg Fc (Gothenburg), just like our new coach did ?.
    Greta Gob s hite , annoying little nerd ,
    Last edited by Romared; 19-11-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567