+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - Climate change protestors

ot - Climate change protestors

Ok I know we've got some more important things to bang on about on here (like Emmerdingle farm for a start lol)..

But Ive been meaning to ask on here what does everybody think about these people who call themselves 'Extinction rebellion' or 'Insulate Britain' ehh ?.

These loathsome people might be making some valid claims about the problems that we are all allegedly set to face in the years to come in Britain (and all over the world apparently). But my question/point is how dare they make their protests in the way that they have, by obstructing the roads and motorways and ruining everybody elses everyday life ?.

I see these cretins like Liam Norton keep appaearing on tv chats and saying the same few things again and again, and they won't accept responsability and they think they have got the right to protest like they have been doing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/163716...ton-hypocrite/

Arr blame Conway , Jamie Tate and Al arr upta summat as well !
    Last edited by Romared; 08-11-2021 at 06:48 AM.

I’m betting they have all been at a Bonfire and set fireworks off this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m betting they have all been at a Bonfire and set fireworks off this weekend!
    Very true , I also wonder how they get to the destination they have chosen to protest at , do they all walk , run , cycle ? being as they allegedly come from all over the country & they wouldn"t dream of using any fuel then I can only assume that some will have to get up very early .

I’ve been campaigning for issues relating to Extinction Rebellion before there was an organisation called Extinction Rebellion.
    So much so that it got me out of the pit and into that type of work.
    And this was long before it was fashionable to do that type of work.
    So I’m a supporter of Extinction Rebellion - however, their protests have to be measured.
    It’s finding a balance between making their voice heard - but not to the extent it peeees people off.
    Which is a difficult task - because it’s usually only when people are mightily peeed off that they get their voice heard.

There is no balance..... act now or we face extinction....
    SIMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    There is no balance..... act now or we face extinction....
    SIMPLE
    well be extinct anyway its the natural cycle of life on earth the planet will recover after we are gone and will die when the sun dies. the world is overdue an ice age and a magnetic flip is also overdue.

the climate changes all the time were just helping it a bit quicker.

Bet they use wi fi hot spots 😅

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    well be extinct anyway its the natural cycle of life on earth the planet will recover after we are gone and will die when the sun dies. the world is overdue an ice age and a magnetic flip is also overdue.

the climate changes all the time were just helping it a bit quicker.
    After reading that I feel much better about the situation at Barnsley now.

I blame Conway for all the climate issues.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast