+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex Neil comes in........

Alex Neil comes in........

Artell brings in Neil the ex Norwich manager for "A few weeks" seems a funny move, what does it say ?

I'll say it again, Artell was lucky to get the gig over Ryan Lowe and even luckier to inherit a crop of potential championship players.

I hope this is a positive move and it comes off, I can't help thinking it's a sticking plaster, steps should be taken now and give the new coaches a transfer window and a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    Artell brings in Neil the ex Norwich manager for "A few weeks" seems a funny move, what does it say ?

I'll say it again, Artell was lucky to get the gig over Ryan Lowe and even luckier to inherit a crop of potential championship players.

I hope this is a positive move and it comes off, I can't help thinking it's a sticking plaster, steps should be taken now and give the new coaches a transfer window and a fighting chance.
    Well it’s a start and hopefully Dave and Kenny can gain some experience and knowledge from Alex Neil. Let’s keeps our fingers crossed that he has the desired effect. We need to Win at least 8 games between now and 1st Jan so good luck to them all.

Think this a brave and mature temporary move. My admiration of Dave Artell, the man, has only grown with this decision as he himself asked for it. It takes a strong personality to admit you haven't got all the answers and to seek an alternative perspective.
    💪💪

Really hope that this works out.
    Bold move by Chairman and Board to back Dave in this way. 👍🍀🤞

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Think this a brave and mature temporary move. My admiration of Dave Artell, the man, has only grown with this decision as he himself asked for it. It takes a strong personality to admit you haven't got all the answers and to seek an alternative perspective.
    ����
    " I told the chairman six months ago that this would happen. If we stay up it will be the biggest achievement of my career. " Quote David Artell.

It's not a brave mature move at all, it's panic measures, it's fiddling while Rome burns, 6 months is a long time, I'm worried, that trap door to non league is very real ask any Vale fan

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post

Do you mean when we were in fear of dropping out of the league when he took over?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Do you mean when we were in fear of dropping out of the league when he took over?
    That is true outt0lunch and people do forget that (me included) and I am a fierce critic of Artells reign but I am prepared to go with this plan and hope as we all do it has the desired affect.