+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury updates

Harkes out for the rest of the season.

That's a blow for the run in, we really missed him the last two games in particular... As Courts said hopefully he sticks around for longer

We really need the Butch back as not strong enough with McDonald in there imo, certainly not for the full 90

Gonna be a real challenge the next few games, need the fans to realise that and be on side

Levitt and McDonald isn't a great combo, doesn't offer much in way of tenacity or protection to defence, would have been surprised if Adam would have been allowed run unchallenged for goal with Harkes or Butcher available. I'd be tempted to look at fresh using fresh legs of likes of Moore, Mochrie, Meekison in run-in. I probably wouldn't be looking to keep McDonald beyond this season, might be more effective coming off the bench when the pace had died out the game.

Not sure what is going on with Butch but he has just posted a pic on his instagram which would suggest he is in Spain? Hopefully someone can clear it up with some pics from St Andrews!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Not sure what is going on with Butch but he has just posted a pic on his instagram which would suggest he is in Spain? Hopefully someone can clear it up with some pics from St Andrews!
    Free weekend so i expect they have been given a few days to get away and get some rest. There has been some murmurings that he has though played his last game for us, sad but understandable.

If the rumours about Butch have any truth in them then you'd think one of the 'newspapers' would have picked up on it by now?

Nothing to see here, it's a free weekend

The other rumours, hopefully false, he was training pre derby with the team so who knows

However to lose Butcher on top of Harkes for the run in really does disadvantage us and our chances of finishing above 6th

...I had totally forgot it was a free weekend TBH! Yeah, I think there is no issues...he has been pictured at training and his goals were posted before the derby by the club, so I reckon the club is supportive of whatever has gone on. Maybe an injury, maybe something personal but I would say that from the media I have seen...defo not what had been suggested! Hope he is back un the ream soon as he will be an important player for our remaining games considering our lack of depth...and I could do with getting some free money from a Calum Butcher/yellow card bet!!!

On another note we really have missed Pawlett in recent weeks, even off the bench, at dens when he came on we started to create chances late on through him, obviously Clark missed that sitter

The way that game was on Saturday and at Easter Rd the week before, was perfect for him to create something, plus he has more composure than some others when they get into the box

Could have done with him post split, especially now with the other injuries

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    On another note we really have missed Pawlett in recent weeks, even off the bench, at dens when he came on we started to create chances late on through him, obviously Clark missed that sitter

The way that game was on Saturday and at Easter Rd the week before, was perfect for him to create something, plus he has more composure than some others when they get into the box

Could have done with him post split, especially now with the other injuries
    Have to say I agree with this. Pawlett can change games.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)