I have several lovely dog walks in the Fens, and todays was along a drove by a big farm. Tractors were chugging along every two minutes, even November is harvest time.

Some of the tractors were loaded with turnips, and further along in a field there was a huge bank of them.

Other farms had vast tonnage of the stuff. On my countless visits to a supermarket i have never wanted to buy a turnip. They must be grown as feedstuff for animals or for fooling customers into buying sub standard food.

Having said that, i have spent a vast amount of time following turnips, and spending vast amounts of money on them. Surely, to be insulted by having been compared to a vegetable cannot be beaten. I have Carlisle United in mind, that a turnip would be upset by being compared to a Carlisle United footballer.

Cambridge players, can be compared to a turnip.

A turnip is stationary, heavy, and of little use. Even being eaten by pigs would cause a pig to pull a face, and mutter, "youve got to be joking."

And yet ive been eating turnip for a life time, and thinking that im enjoying it. The truth is that it tastes like the earth it came from. Beetroot isnt much better, but is packed with good stuff.

Beets cannot be compared to a Cambridge player, Cambridge players arnt that classy.

Cress can be. Talk to cress, and your talking to a Cambridge player.

Talk to a cabbage, and you are talking to football fans, especially fans of the premiership who pay big money for tedious garbage.

Surely there is a problem there. As for rich people who run football clubs, as Frasier would say, " Im listening".

Is it raining in Seattle? Imagine moving from Cambridge to a place with worse weather.....

Arthur of Black Horse Drove.