So he has only managed in Scotland.
He has never managed in the prem.
#Alex Ferguson only managed in Scotland before joining utd
#Deano Smith had never managed in the prem before joining us

I think you will agree, they both did well.
Gerrard is a winner, hes used to winning, playing in in Europe, playing with big Managers, playing in front of huge crowds, he knows what Success is all about. He grabbed Rangers by the scruff of the neck and left them as champions. Gerrard is ambitious, yes we all know he wants to eventually manage Liverpool but if he flops at Villa, he will not be joining them, he needs to show his steel, his tactics, his passion and turn us into a force something for all the outpooring to Deano we sadly are not, far too many teams have come to villa park and turned us over, we are conceding goals for fun, the warning signs were there v Stoke and again v Watford the captulation v Wolves was unforgiveable. We have good players but they have not performed this year, we have relied on Grealish too much and now paying the price. In Jan we need to go out and look for a midfield general. I know people are saying we should finish top ten but for me, get away from the drop zone is the priority, theres lots of fans who will want to see not only us but Gerrard fail, it can work, it must work, forget Deano now, get behind Stevie G and lets prove all the doubters wrong. UTFV......