+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley deserves respect tomorrow

This has been discussed on another thread, isn't that one good enough for your opinion Sid ? you need one all to yourself. Respect the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    There will be sections that boo him, look at some of the opinions on here of him….
    I'd be surprised if he got any boos, we'll find out tomorrow. I'm one on here that doesn't rate him highly, but I would never boo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I don't think this is in any doubt is it.

I thought he was a bang-average manager who had a massive hand in us being in this cr@p division in the first place but I don't dislike him.

He will likely get the clap from me or at worst the silent treatment.
    Agree, pretty average manager earning an above average wage in his time at Notts. Not worthy of a clap imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I don't think this is in any doubt is it.

I thought he was a bang-average manager who had a massive hand in us being in this cr@p division in the first place but I don't dislike him.

He will likely get the clap from me or at worst the silent treatment.

This^^^ I certainly won't boo, but if the mood takes me, I prob won't applaud either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd be surprised if he got any boos, we'll find out tomorrow. I'm one on here that doesn't rate him highly, but I would never boo him.
    That’s fair enough, maybe there won’t be any boos…but probably only because they wouldn’t be man enough to boo whilst the majority are clapping him.

Was Neal the right man to keep us in the FL at that time, obviously not, we needed an impact manager. But even then, it would have only been delaying the inevitable situation that we have been sleep walking towards for the last two decades.

Neal is a decent manager. A football managers job entails much more than just the end product on the pitch (though that ultimately decides their fate) but in terms of team bonding and representing the club in all its facets I feel he deserves a lot of credit. Let’s not forget he helped rebuild the club from scratch in one pre-season and took us to within one match of reclaiming our FL status. If there are any who doubt how difficult that is then take a look at the situation Southend are currently in.

I honestly can’t think of a manager in my time as a Notts fan who has acted with more dignity, and that, more than anything that happened on the pitch is why I will give him the applause I feel he deserves tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    That’s fair enough, maybe there won’t be any boos…but probably only because they wouldn’t be man enough to boo whilst the majority are clapping him.

Was Neal the right man to keep us in the FL at that time, obviously not, we needed an impact manager. But even then, it would have only been delaying the inevitable situation that we have been sleep walking towards for the last two decades.

Neal is a decent manager. A football managers job entails much more than just the end product on the pitch (though that ultimately decides their fate) but in terms of team bonding and representing the club in all its facets I feel he deserves a lot of credit. Let’s not forget he helped rebuild the club from scratch in one pre-season and took us to within one match of reclaiming our FL status. If there are any who doubt how difficult that is then take a look at the situation Southend are currently in.

I honestly can’t think of a manager in my time as a Notts fan who has acted with more dignity, and that, more than anything that happened on the pitch is why I will give him the applause I feel he deserves tomorrow afternoon.
    I’m with this. I will be clapping the man not the football manager.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    This has been discussed on another thread, isn't that one good enough for your opinion Sid ? you need one all to yourself. Respect the thread.
    Sorry, I missed the other fred or I would have simply added to it. Please forgive me, MDS.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, I missed the other fred or I would have simply added to it. Please forgive me, MDS.
    lets dispense with the pleasantries, notts are here to win the game

I don't see how he deserves any respect. He took us from promotion favourites to relegation. Admittedly he was helped in that by the two previous managers but he had plenty of chances to boost us away from the drop zone. We were also favourites to be champions in the conference that first year but he failed again, in fact he took us to our lowest ever league position.

He cultivated an image of being a nice man, a very nice man but it wasn't an image of a successful manager, he couldn't project that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't see how he deserves any respect. He took us from promotion favourites to relegation. Admittedly he was helped in that by the two previous managers but he had plenty of chances to boost us away from the drop zone. We were also favourites to be champions in the conference that first year but he failed again, in fact he took us to our lowest ever league position.

He cultivated an image of being a nice man, a very nice man but it wasn't an image of a successful manager, he couldn't project that.
    That has to be one of the laziest posts ever on a subject that was classed as ‘done to
    death’ a long time ago.

Its been clearly that some supporters still can’t get over that relegation season and are in part still stuck there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast