+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley deserves respect tomorrow

I won't clap him but I won't boo him either. He's a good man but took us out the league and didn't get us back up so feelings towards him are neutral therefore neither a clap nor a boo.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That has to be one of the laziest posts ever on a subject that was classed as ‘done to
    death’ a long time ago.

Its been clearly that some supporters still can’t get over that relegation season and are in part still stuck there.
    I'm sorry Laddo, I thought someone opening a new thread about respecting Ardley was an invitation for posters to express their opinion as to whether he deserved respect or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm sorry Laddo, I thought someone opening a new thread about respecting Ardley was an invitation for posters to express their opinion as to whether he deserved respect or not.
    No need to say sorry, it was. It also invites other posters to subsequently comment. I feel your opinion that he doesn't deserve "any respect" very harsh and I take some issue with your reasoning but in a respectful way.

Sounds like it's a combination of mild respectful applause or nothing tomorrow from NCM regulars. Nobody on here intends to boo, unless the bloke nearby then it maybe too tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No need to say sorry, it was. It also invites other posters to subsequently comment. I feel your opinion that he doesn't deserve "any respect" very harsh and I take some issue with your reasoning but in a respectful way.

Sounds like it's a combination of mild respectful applause or nothing tomorrow from NCM regulars. Nobody on here intends to boo, unless the bloke nearby then it maybe too tempting.
    In regards to Ardley the only person who needs booing is Hardy for hiring him in the first place. However like Neal he was only trying to do his best. Both were well meaning people but one was a dick head and the other a decent respectable human being.

I'll applaud him warmly,

If he leaps in the main stand and tw@ts laddo

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I'll applaud him warmly,

If he leaps in the main stand and tw@ts laddo
    Good luck with that lol.

Awwwwww bless add another one to the list

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't see how he deserves any respect. He took us from promotion favourites to relegation. Admittedly he was helped in that by the two previous managers but he had plenty of chances to boost us away from the drop zone. We were also favourites to be champions in the conference that first year but he failed again, in fact he took us to our lowest ever league position.

He cultivated an image of being a nice man, a very nice man but it wasn't an image of a successful manager, he couldn't project that.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh, Laxative? 'Helped in that way by the previous 2 managers' is being very economical with the truth.
    We were scuppered by the time he arrived because of the terrible atmosphere created by his predecessors. Also we were far from favourites to take the Conference title.
    I remember going to the pre-season York friendly and witnessing Ardley's post-match interview and there was genuine doubt about whether we could field a squad for our opening fixture.
    I will acknowledge that at the business end of the Conference season, his tactics were well short of what was required. However, we entered the Harrogate play-off with a real sense of optimism. Had we pulled that one off, the verdict on NA would have been quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think we are a fair-minded enough set of supporters to accord Neil Ardley the respect he deserves tomorrow. I certainly hope so.
    When it came to the end of his time with us, he left with dignity and no bitterness. Even in his departure, he supported Notts and acknowledged how important we had been to him.
    And let's not forget how he pleaded with the ref to not send off a Notts player during the pre-season friendly.
    By all means, I hope we put Moors to the sword, but treat their manager with courtesy and respect. I like the man.
    Give him the respect that he deserves by at first spelling his name correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_notts_county View Post
    Give him the respect that he deserves by at first spelling his name correctly?
    Tut, tut, tut. The Punctuation Master, has been punctured.
    Last edited by countygump; 13-11-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, eh, Laxative? 'Helped in that way by the previous 2 managers' is being very economical with the truth.
    We were scuppered by the time he arrived because of the terrible atmosphere created by his predecessors. Also we were far from favourites to take the Conference title.
    I remember going to the pre-season York friendly and witnessing Ardley's post-match interview and there was genuine doubt about whether we could field a squad for our opening fixture.
    I will acknowledge that at the business end of the Conference season, his tactics were well short of what was required. However, we entered the Harrogate play-off with a real sense of optimism. Had we pulled that one off, the verdict on NA would have been quite different.
    First time I've heard of "the terrible atmosphere" being blamed for a team's relegation.

Please give me your version of "the facts" if my pushing some of the blame onto "his predecessors" is being "economical with the truth".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast