+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone bet?

Does anyone bet?

I do, and I'm a good safe better. I never bet more tham £10 a week one with greater odds and one safer.
    Now I have this feeling in my bones, I dont know why but it makes sense and I want to share with the Villa Mad Family.
    Next week, we have 3 new Managers and clubs that are expected to make a difference, all down the bottom, all at home.
    A simple treble....
    Villa....Stevie G
    Newcastle....Eddie Howe
    Norwich....Dean Smith

U can see a home win for all three and a £5 bet will return £120. A nice little earner, obviously if you put more on the greater the sum

Worth a punt? My bets on, how about you guys.
    Infact who fancies a thread on betting and tips etc?
    I would love to be right and gain you all a little cheer before Christmas.

I have a little go on Betfair mate, small amounts and sometimes in-play adds to the fun.

3 homes wins from those 3? Nah.

I dont generally, but just a thought, what are the odds and return for all three to lose?? I'll get me coat!

Well, as Greavsie once said " It's a funny old game"

New Manager factor!
    The weakest bet is actually Villa when you think of our disaterous run.
    Norwich won their last game and the Toon fans are in dreamland as they are going to 'windaleeg'

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I do, and I'm a good safe better. I never bet more tham £10 a week one with greater odds and one safer.
    Now I have this feeling in my bones, I dont know why but it makes sense and I want to share with the Villa Mad Family.
    Next week, we have 3 new Managers and clubs that are expected to make a difference, all down the bottom, all at home.
    A simple treble....
    Villa....Stevie G
    Newcastle....Eddie Howe
    Norwich....Dean Smith

U can see a home win for all three and a £5 bet will return £120. A nice little earner, obviously if you put more on the greater the sum

Worth a punt? My bets on, how about you guys.
    Infact who fancies a thread on betting and tips etc?
    I would love to be right and gain you all a little cheer before Christmas.
    I'd be up for a betting thread. I have between 10 and 20 quid on football each weekend and I'm up quite a bit this season. Usually do an 8 fold both teams to score over 3 or 4 leagues because it's a bet that last 90 minutes.

My local bookies is an independent one (very unusual these days!) and they do an "All 4 1" slip. Where you can do an acca on BTTS, BTTS and win, over or under 2.5 goals and straight up win.

Last weekend I did a 3 fold on Norwich to beat Brentford with BTTS (10/1)
    Bournemouth to win (8/13)
    Under 2.5 goals in the manc Derby (6/5) and won £390

I think the new manager bet is a good shout but I'm going to go one further and put those teams to win with BTTS!

Nice one Sam.

Cool, I think we have the starting of something here, the BTTS always frustrates me Sam as I always seem to be just 1 goal away from a win, i am a few hundred quid up this season and will never retire on the back of it but it dies open up Saturday football especially when were not playing, keeps 3pm on a saturday alive! I like the cash option, i will always cash out if im over half way in returns, nitjing more satisfying cashing out to collect a little sum then finding out had you stayed with the bet you would have lost.
    So you still go to the bookies, i used to but it closed and forced me into online betting. You just need to stay dusciplined or you could be in trouble!!

Im trying to put a bet on but cant get any odds. Betting is confusing.
    However if you want to earn shed loads put a bet on that Trump will be back in power before the 2024 election

Depends on whether they count his votes😉
    I have found Sky bet really easy and safe to use. I dont worry about the odds, I look for an accumulator on results 3 or 4 of them mainly just on a saturday. My win rate is about 60% ish

I get a bit carried away with online stuff... Roulette is a bit of a problem if I'm honest 😬

Also, the cash out option is so frustrating, glad I can't do it. Although, that said if I had a mad bet with my local bookies and was waiting on one result for a few grand I guarentee he would offer me a cash out price.

I won with Ollie getting his hatrick against Liverpool when we walloped them last season. I'd said to my dad I was going to back him every week to get one til he did. Glad it was then! 300/1

I did put £50 on us finishing in the top 6, at 8/1 but, unless Gerrard is a wizard, I think that might be a losing bet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)