Its touch and go whether United will stay up. The squad is small, and when important players get injured, suspended or have a loss of form, it has a devastating effect.

If all players stayed fit for the rest of the season, its an interesting point to see if they are good enough. I dont think so. Bonner has said difficult games are ahead. The reserves are not good enough.

Its december and the transfer window is not far off. Barry must fund the signing of quality in January. It means paying fees for two or three players, at least there will be some guarantee of quality.

Barry has moaned that he stumps up and gets blamed if things go wrong. It is his fault. I am highlighting how IT IS his fault.

You cant buy a club then moan when you under fund it and say its not me.

The frees he has signed have done remarkably well to get this far. Barry manipulatively turned away rich buyers who he admitted had deep pockets, and " only wanted to develop players".

Like he doesnt.

This january will underscore what a massive mistake Barry is.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF GOING UP, THEN COMING STRAIGHT DOWN?

It will set the club back five years, and cost a lot of money.

The truth is Barry doesnt have the cash to splash, hes just a lad playing with an expensive toy. And in the midst of all of this, the fans are funding bingo sessions and dog walking etc.

ARE YOU GETTING IT MR AND MRS FAN?

Penelope of Sawston.