+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember when we won our group in '97 under Glen Hoddle. And Italy had to scrape through a horrible freezing late November snowy play off match gainst Russia lol.

Tonights result didn't really matter, but it was Denmark's only defeat, and the Jocks won't be an easy game for anybody. Id just love to see them and Wales hammer each other. 😉
    I really think these play offs should be straight out of the hat personally .

It seems pretty evident to me that it's designed for the bigger footballing nations to qualify even though they've had an iffy qualifying campaign .

Money as ever is the reason .

The hypocrisy isn't lost on me , we want all the historically top footballing nations at the world cup but we'll host it in Qatar .

Second place in qualifying is second place and that makes everyone equal in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Fair play Pass , impressive win tonight for the Scots and I hope they make it to the finals along with Wales .

I know they think differently about us but none the less I like to see all the UK nations qualify .

Steve Clarke (a very underrated manager) has given them some much needed pride back after 2 decades of mediocrity. I don't particularly wish them success or indeed failure. They certainly have a bee in their bonnet about us but twas ever thus.

Can England get to the very next level and lift that trophy in Qatar ?

There's no doubt we've the talent and what impresses me is that many of them are better players for their country than they are for their clubs .

After a semi final then making a final is winning the world cup the next logical step .

Dare you even dare to dream with England or is this monkey on our backs permanent .

If you haven't got dreams then what's this game all about ?

Just one time in my life , that's all I ask before I depart this world .

Never have a better chance in my opinion .

Although I'm sure the Belgium's feel the same .

Who knows ????

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can England get to the very next level and lift that trophy in Qatar ?

There's no doubt we've the talent and what impresses me is that many of them are better players for their country than they are for their clubs .

After a semi final then making a final is winning the world cup the next logical step .

Dare you even dare to dream with England or is this monkey on our backs permanent .

If you haven't got dreams then what's this game all about ?

Just one time in my life , that's all I ask before I depart this world .

Never have a better chance in my opinion .

Although I'm sure the Belgium's feel the same .

Who knows ????
    We've a chance. Some very good footballers in this squad and obviously a good spirit among them. The questionmark is the manager for me. He's done a good job Southgate but can he take us any further? I'm not too sure myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We've a chance. Some very good footballers in this squad and obviously a good spirit among them. The questionmark is the manager for me. He's done a good job Southgate but can he take us any further? I'm not too sure myself.
    He has to learn from the mistakes of the semi final against Croatia and the Euro final against the Italians Pass .

When you are on top and a goal up you can't take your foot off the throat .

You have to continue to be positive and still take risks .

I don't care what anybody says we should have made the World Cup final and won the Euros .

We beat ourselves mate .

You'd hope the penny has dropped .

But like you I couldn't say with any confidence .

Forza di talia , only way england will win anything ? Is if all the top nations drop out , 55 year's and counting since winning a trophy , but some big wins !! San marino, albania, etc , not good enough and never will be , overated and certainly overpaid , with a poor yes man as manager !!!!

Agree about the manager Roma, we had a right chance in the euros but went conservative and we know the outcome. When you’ve got your foot on their neck kill em off.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Forza di talia , only way england will win anything ? Is if all the top nations drop out , 55 year's and counting since winning a trophy , but some big wins !! San marino, albania, etc , not good enough and never will be , overated and certainly overpaid , with a poor yes man as manager !!!!

Can't argue with that Roma. Truth laid bare

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Agree about the manager Roma, we had a right chance in the euros but went conservative and we know the outcome. When you’ve got your foot on their neck kill em off.
    Same was said about Alf Ramsey……..

What an interesting possible couple of matches ehh, for places in next years World cup finals.
    Wales v Scotland and Portugal v Italy could happen, if they all win their home Semi's.
    Aww no, what on earth are we going to do if Italy fail to qualify again. 😁

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast