+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What an interesting possible couple of matches ehh, for places in next years World cup finals.
    Wales v Scotland and Portugal v Italy could happen, if they all win their home Semi's.
    Aww no, what on earth are we going to do if Italy fail to qualify again. 😁
    Laugh !!!

😀😀😀😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Laugh !!!
    😀😀😀😀😀
    They will be crying into their spaghetti and pints of Moretti if they fail to make it again lol.
    And if Sep Blatter the step ladder was still in charge, theres no way he would have allowed this possible fixture.
    As for Wales or Scotchland, hhmm who do we support while giggling at the telly ?. 😂

They will be crying into their spaghetti and pints of Moretti if they fail to make it again lol.
    And if Sep Blatter the step ladder was still in charge, theres no way he would have allowed this possible fixture.
    As for Wales or Scotchland, hhmm who do we support while giggling at the telly ?. 😂
    It still pains me all these months later the Euro Final .

Austria , Belgium and most certainly Spain had opportunities to put them out in the knock out stages .

And we should have put them away in the first twenty five minutes of the final .

That said they won the thing despite missing two penalties in the shoot out so fair play .

Luck only lasts so long in life and football .

I'd have settled for winning the Euros and not qualifying for the world cup all day long .

You need to be lucky to win a game on pens, whether you have been the better team or not. And they scraped it twice on pens during the tournament.

I agree with all the criticism that we get because of Southgate etc, and I still can't understand how we blew those last two tournaments.
    A World cup Semi and a Euro Final, and we were leading in both games, and then look what happened!!.

You need to be lucky to win a game on pens, whether you have been the better team or not. And they scraped it twice on pens during the tournament.

I agree with all the criticism that we get because of Southgate etc, and I still can't understand how we blew those last two tournaments.
    A World cup Semi and a Euro Final, and we were leading in both games, and then look what happened!!.
    The fact is the best teams don't always win the World Cup or the Euros .

Something I learned many years ago when that fantastic Brazil side at the 82 World Cup went home before the semi final .

The two Brazil sides that have won the World Cup since in 94 and 2002 weren't even close to that 82 side in my opinion .

Italy had their name on the Euros last summer and unfortunately there's nowt you can do about that other than hope our names on something very soon .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The fact is the best teams don't always win the World Cup or the Euros .

Something I learned many years ago when that fantastic Brazil side at the 82 World Cup went home before the semi final .

The two Brazil sides that have won the World Cup since in 94 and 2002 weren't even close to that 82 side in my opinion .

Italy had their name on the Euros last summer and unfortunately there's nowt you can do about that other than hope our names on something very soon .
    Think tha doing Italy an injustice in all honesty Animal. They struggled against Spain but so would anybody that particular night cos the Spaniards were excellent. To be fair they beat Belgium quite well and breezed through their group. Deserved winners imo. England had an easier path to the final, home advantage and despite our great start against Italy, Southgate tried shutting up shop and it cost us. Technically Italy were superior and passed us to death in that final. Yes it hurt but no complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Think tha doing Italy an injustice in all honesty Animal. They struggled against Spain but so would anybody that particular night cos the Spaniards were excellent. To be fair they beat Belgium quite well and breezed through their group. Deserved winners imo. England had an easier path to the final, home advantage and despite our great start against Italy, Southgate tried shutting up shop and it cost us. Technically Italy were superior and passed us to death in that final. Yes it hurt but no complaints from me.
    If you want my honest opinion a Spain v Denmark final could easily have happened such is the nature of international tournament football .

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a lottery but more fine lines .

I've seen England the best side in two semi finals against the Germans and it counted for nowt Pass is my point .

Denmark won the Euros in 92 , Greece in 2004 .

I'm a little bitter towards Italy because it's still raw mate .

I've tried not getting swept along with England but ultimately it's impossible not to be .

It's my country and when the England football team is making progress at tournaments it unites the country which is something that's very important to me when we live in such fractured times as a nation .

So when we fall short it hurts like hell and it probably hurts me personally more than when our club falls short .

Probably because when England progress past the Germans as we did in the summer everyone is ecstatic no matter who our support is for club football .

I actually suffer bouts of depression when England fall short , lasts for weeks .

It's only a game mind !!!

🤔🤔🤔

Thats the only time Ive ever supported Italy as a neutral, when they beat that star studded Brazil team in '82.
    And speaking of Brazil, I m sick of the press and tv people sucking up to them at every single World cup.
    And as for next years tournament, its in a country who don't deserve it, and its in Nov/Dec which will disrupt a lot of nations club seasons. Who in their right mind thought Qatar was a good and fair choice as a host nation ?. 😡

How football should be played .

Absolutely magnificent team .

https://youtu.be/zZxvYy5-ekI

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast