+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Italy

No major finals are or would be the same without the Mighty Azzurri ,
    FORZA DI TALIA

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    How football should be played .

Absolutely magnificent team .

https://youtu.be/zZxvYy5-ekI
    Superb stuff.

On the point of the World Cup has anyone spotted the sheer hypocrisy regarding holding this tournament in Qatar .

This goes deeper than just having to re-schedule domestic season's to accommodate a winter world cup and the bribery and corruption used to get the winning vote .

Footballers , The FA and the sports media have in their infinite wisdom all decided they are not only paid very well to play , administrator and report the game they are also now politicians .

BLM , rainbow laces and this that and the other rammed down our throats at every opportunity .

But they'll all rock up in Qatar next year won't they , a country where it's illegal to be gay , a shocking record of human rights violations and thousands of lives lost by migrant workers building the World Cup stadiums .

Not one word spoken by Southgate , Sterling or Rashford .

Not one spoken by the FA .

Not a peep from the pundits on our television screens .

You want to mix politics and sport then I'm afraid you don't get to choose which virtues suit your agenda and which don't .

You've made a rod for your own backs here with me .

Either stay out of politics or you go the whole way and refuse to go to Qatar .

Hypocritical virtue signalling the whole lot of em .

On the point of the World Cup has anyone spotted the sheer hypocrisy regarding holding this tournament in Qatar .

This goes deeper than just having to re-schedule domestic season's to accommodate a winter world cup and the bribery and corruption used to get the winning vote .

Footballers , The FA and the sports media have in their infinite wisdom all decided they are not only paid very well to play , administrator and report the game they are also now politicians .

BLM , rainbow laces and this that and the other rammed down our throats at every opportunity .

But they'll all rock up in Qatar next year won't they , a country where it's illegal to be gay , a shocking record of human rights violations and thousands of lives lost by migrant workers building the World Cup stadiums .

You want to mix politics and sport then I'm afraid you don't get to choose which virtues suit your agenda and which don't .

And we will still plonk our arses on the settee with a pint and watch nearly every second of the matches cos in reality we couldnt give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    And we will still plonk our arses on the settee with a pint and watch nearly every second of the matches cos in reality we couldnt give a crap.
    Difference is I'm not woke and neither are you .

I'll call out an Islamic repressive country where you get three years in prison because your gay .

Where women have no rights and migrant workers have no rights either .

Just about the only thing players worship is their own careers and money and when the issues they take the knee for or wear rainbow laces impacts on their careers they choose to look the other way .

The shallowness and hypocrisy is remarkable .

their country their laws why should we be shouting our laws at them in fact we could do with a few of their laws over here.

money and status and MBE's is all top footballers think about

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    their country their laws why should we be shouting our laws at them in fact we could do with a few of their laws over here.

money and status and MBE's is all top footballers think about
    Such as ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    No major finals are or would be the same without the Mighty Azzurri , FORZA DI TALIA
    Its going to be tough though if they or Portugal don't make it. Funny for the rest of us though. 😉

Well said Animal. I really can't be doing with all this hypocrisy.

Some interesting points raised there Animal. I've always said that when politics and sport mix then it's a poor do. What you've listed really hits home for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast