+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike McCurry - should we be surprised?

I spent much of my early childhood in England and my family didn't move back to Dundee until my early ****age days, pretty much explains the reason I started following United jyst as we were becoming world famous But during my early years standing in the shed I'm fairly certain United fans also sang sectarian songs aimed at whichever half of the old firm we happened to be playing. No pop of Rome was regularly sung to my recollection. Not saying it makes it right at all but it definitely has come from fans of other clubs too. Of course those days are long over except among the sisters and we all know that will never change.

If we are debating language at matches , albeit non-bigitid. I feel uncomfy even at Tannadice with some of the language being used around the kids with their mums and dads. I LUV a swear word, but would never use them the way some folk do at the match. There are useless c**ts, hopeless Bastirtz, numerous ars*oles and loads oh f**cin' wrang ba's played et al (or not etall)

The old firm will never be challenged properly in Scottish futba because of the money they generate for so many.

Shame really :/

Ignore the typos above please

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Ignore the typos above please
    Edit Edit Edit ADS .... you still have time

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Edit Edit Edit ADS .... you still have time
    Every time I try to edit it deletes the feckin post

Every time I try to edit it deletes the feckin post
    Well stop using your ZX Spectrum and get a laptop or summin'

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Well stop using your ZX Spectrum and get a laptop or summin'

I spent much of my early childhood in England and my family didn't move back to Dundee until my early ****age days, pretty much explains the reason I started following United jyst as we were becoming world famous But during my early years standing in the shed I'm fairly certain United fans also sang sectarian songs aimed at whichever half of the old firm we happened to be playing. No pop of Rome was regularly sung to my recollection. Not saying it makes it right at all but it definitely has come from fans of other clubs too. Of course those days are long over except among the sisters and we all know that will never change.
    Started going to Tannadice in the late 70s and I cant recall NPOR ever been sung by United fans. As someone brought up a catholic (as many fans would have been) I would have been fuming if I heard it. I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Started going to Tannadice in the late 70s and I cant recall NPOR ever been sung by United fans. As someone brought up a catholic (as many fans would have been) I would have been fuming if I heard it. I didn't.
    In contrast, I know somewhere close by where ‘I Was Born Under A Union Jack’ was sung. Regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Me too. In Shed from 1977 onwards for every home game & never heard United fans singing that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)