+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: v SSB's (h)

The Funny ‘moral indignation’ takes hypocrisy to a whole new level, given this is the same people whose ‘behaviour’ down the front of the Jim McLean stand in the last few derbies has been questionable at best. I’m thinking in particular of the abuse and objects hurled at Jamie Robson in the Xmas game a couple of years ago. This included shoves and manhandling whenever he went to take a throw in down that corner so they can park that scheite right away.

Taking yesterday, the guy is no doubt half pished, but when you see what’s happened I do believe that he thinks Ojo has clipped the ball boy round the ear (he didn’t) and shoves him as a result. No doubt, as I said, because he’s probably seeing two Ojo’s by this point. The difference though, as opposed to Jamie Robson, is that he reacted. Yes, you can say he was provocated (he was) but as soon as you do that it’s a yellow. And given he was booked already then it means he’s off. Following the investigation it should be easy to identify the supporter and quite correctly ban him from Tannadice.

Regarding the game, it went exactly as I thought it would. As a result of the Hearts game, and on the back of the preceding couple of games before that, I anticipated we’d be a lot tighter with the the likes of McMann playing much less further forward given it was space in that area that Hearts exploited to devastating effect. That’s how it panned out. Butcher is a lucky boy as if it hadn’t been for the subsequent Ojo incident then we may well have been struggling. Deserves to be fined as a minimum frankly as it was simply idiotic.

But the longer the game went I felt we were going to nick it and so it proved. Like many of our earlier wins this season, we ceded significant possession and were defensively very solid, restricting the Sheepies to very little with Benji not having particularly much to do. From that base, if you sneak a goal then you’re likely to win it. Which we did.

So Mason89 and SMsW can continue to enjoy this exciting ‘Next Level’ mad Dave promised them all after punting Delboy.

Pleasing.

This situation is made worse by relentless demanding of ‘consistency’. So the beaks issue mandatory instructions that this situation is a yellow or that incident is a red, and refs must follow the instruction or they are downgraded. It means refs lose the confidence to make a call, and cannot shape the game, the way they should and must, they have diminishing latitude to apply common sense.

Pawlett’s yellow in Perth was another ridiculous booking that let to a red, Ojo’s was the same, but the ref has no choice. If you are playing any level of football the adrenaline is pumping and Ojo rightly took exception to a fan shoving him over the barrier but refs cannot act to keep a lid on situations that get out of hand. The club should ban the fan and the red should be rescinded. (If that’s possible?)

Butcher needs to have a long look at himself if wants to be part of this side, we can do without ****ebaggery like that.

On the plus side fabulous 3 points, this team have more than a bit about them all over the park.

Why the f**k is only the 2nd half available on the website. I couldnae watch the gemme coz o a prior appointment, so eh wahnt to see the fun and gemmes.
    Posted on twitter tae United but nae reply...as yet

Quote Originally Posted by zeek View Post
    Why the f**k is only the 2nd half available on the website. I couldnae watch the gemme coz o a prior appointment, so eh wahnt to see the fun and gemmes.
    Posted on twitter tae United but nae reply...as yet
    I'm assuming it will be something to do with the ongoing investigation. Any footage of the incident etc. I'm just guessing though. It was on at midnight and was going to watch it back then but thought I'd leave it until this morning then boom it's gone. Hopefully it comes back on.

Funny banner at the game today! "Better be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life" Although think it’s from a Mussolini quote so a bit dubious �� before Abyssinian invasion so not a great one to follow ��
    Hopefully not a metaphor for our season - delusions of grandeur followed by embarrassing debacle. Obviously the people who organised it aren’t so well versed in history but then where did they find the quote from ��
    Fits well with DU v Ab
    ps Great match with all the drama and then getting a win at the end ��

Strange game yesterday.

First half was a bit of a non-event until Butcher's red. Then last 5mins of the half was carnage really!

Aberdeen loved their slow build up and the 40 odd passes before getting to the halfway line. They looked far more dangerous when they played quick and slightly more direct. United I think were caught between trying to press or sitting back and it meant Aberdeen had more controlled possession albeit deep in their own half.

2nd half was slightly better. Both teams looking dangerous at times. A few half chances for each. The longer the game went the more likely I felt we would nick it. We just needed a wee spell of pressure. That's what happened. Harkes with a superb finish. A Draw would have probably been a fair result but glad we were able to get the winner. Looked more like ourselves after some poor games before the break.

Thought Courts got his subbies bang on! I actually agreed with the decisions at the time because it was clear we were needing more legs in the middle of the park to gain control! Hoti (then glass) done this and Appere made a massive difference up top. This is the Appere we want to see. Dominating defenders, using his strength and power.

My thoughts on the two major incidents. Butcher was silly for getting involved in something that didn't even involve him. Ramirez makes a big deal of it but Butcher gives Madden a decision to make. Butcher's not played since the derby, this was his first chance to stake a claim in the team (Esp since Levitt is struggling and now Fuchs) yet he lets the side down by just being silly. Experienced player who should know better! Got lucky we ended up winning.

The Ojo incident.
    I might be a bit dramatic here but I think that's the most embarrassing thing I've seen in a long time. In my opinion, Ojo done nothing to merit that reaction from the "fan" That behaviour is a disgrace and the boy shouldn't be allowed in Tannadice again! I'm not even talking about Ojo getting a 2nd booking. I can see why Madden has booked him again (probably guessed) but lets focus on the muppet in the crowd. Throw the book at him. Bringing a sour note to an excellent win and shaming the club

Can I stick this on here...
    Benji Siegrist about halfway thro the 2nd half.
    Aberdeen attack, good cross from the left, actually an excellent cross from the left, it had an Aberdeen head or two waiting for it & I was concerned. Out comes Superman with the best-timed leap & fist away you'll ever see. So good it was a candidate for save of the season. Benji is some goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Funny banner at the game today! "Better be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life" Although think it’s from a Mussolini quote so a bit dubious �� before Abyssinian invasion so not a great one to follow ��
    Hopefully not a metaphor for our season - delusions of grandeur followed by embarrassing debacle. Obviously the people who organised it aren’t so well versed in history but then where did they find the quote from ��
    Fits well with DU v Ab
    ps Great match with all the drama and then getting a win at the end ��
    There have been several versions of the quote dated back as far as the 1800's, long before Mussolini came up with his version. Even then, Mussolinis version is not the same as the one that was used yesterday.

No issues with the banner whatsoever yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    There have been several versions of the quote dated back as far as the 1800's, long before Mussolini came up with his version. Even then, Mussolinis version is not the same as the one that was used yesterday.

No issues with the banner whatsoever yesterday.
    My apologies - very apt banner with all tho' ss about.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Can I stick this on here...
    Benji Siegrist about halfway thro the 2nd half.
    Aberdeen attack, good cross from the left, actually an excellent cross from the left, it had an Aberdeen head or two waiting for it & I was concerned. Out comes Superman with the best-timed leap & fist away you'll ever see. So good it was a candidate for save of the season. Benji is some goalie.
    He is. Didn't have to much to do yesterday but was confident in all of it. Really is a class act. Came out from the dressing room at the end when most of the crowd had left and gave someone his shirt too (think they had a Swiss flag).

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)