+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Its 'interesting' to compare and contrast

Our biggest chokes are comparable, we had QPR, Forest had Stoke (reading the LTLF thread on that subject still gives me late night lols)

Derby's high has been higher (promotion to the prem) but its low lower (the following season)

Head to head, its been fairly even although I'd say we've had more of the 'famous' ones (ten-man 2-1, cup 3-2 comeback, Kenco Cup game, and of course the 5-0)

The thing that tips things in our favour are our respective homes, Pride Park is 1000 times better than their dump
    Yes like the Stadium of light, a show piece for all those little clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes like the Stadium of light, a show piece for all those little clubs
    I’ve had to suffer your Corporate area (and Kenny Burns), I’d be fine with Derby in the Sunday League rather that that embarrassment. Still, your 50000 mega stadium will be lovely 😳

I’ve had to suffer your Corporate area (and Kenny Burns), I’d be fine with Derby in the Sunday League rather that that embarrassment. Still, your 50000 mega stadium will be lovely ��
    Never have a 40, 000 stadium, bever mind 50k

Yes that one stand lets it down. But I can honestly say, our ground is a traditional ground with a brilliant location. If ever I need to buy a new carpet/cycle lock/ emulsion, after watching a game of football. Then hopefully we'll move to the middle of no where as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Never have a 40, 000 stadium, bever mind 50k

Yes that one stand lets it down. But I can honestly say, our ground is a traditional ground with a brilliant location. If ever I need to buy a new carpet/cycle lock/ emulsion, after watching a game of football. Then hopefully we'll move to the middle of no where as well.
    yes and easy nip for a post-defeat curry. I wouldn't describe Pride Park as the middle of nowhere though, I could see into the stadium from where I used to live so its hardly remote

yes and easy nip for a post-defeat curry. I wouldn't describe Pride Park as the middle of nowhere though, I could see into the stadium from where I used to live so its hardly remote
    OK it's not remote. But it is on an business site. It's hardy what you call picturesque nor is it what I'd call part of a football match day experiance.
    There are still many grounds around the country, that are in community hearts. Surrounded by pubs/ shops/ eateries. Ours has all that and a decent view /walk to and from it.
    If they ever do rip down that main stand, I'd be very happy to stay there, as it would see me out on the planet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)