+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patterson Recalled

Sam is one of the best at this level. Hopefully the rest will have done him good too. Regarding Patterson, he has a great future ahead of him if he keeps working hard and improving. Good luck to the lad I say!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Slocombe is our player and a very good goalie - we should all get behind him.
    He's can't command his area ,apart from this he's not bad
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 19-11-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Yup Sam is easily good enough for this level. The rest and reminder of possible competition can't do any harm.

It was just an added bonus that a youngster brought in on loan was an upgrade on an already good situation. The radar was working well again with Patto.

Judging by IB’s comments Patto could be back at some point. Sunderland must be delighted with the game time he gets. The fact he is playing in the most physical league where many of the players are giants will be very different to what he would have encountered to date, which will serve him well. He is a GK with immense confidence with the ball at his feet and the fact we have embraced that and not got him hitting it long all day is testament to the way we play - not that all on here like it.
    All in all I would say all parties would be delighted to see him back at Notts when time allows so he can continue to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Is a blow for sure but let's all get back behind Sam now, he's a very good keeper at this level and I certainly have every confidence in him getting back to top form very quickly.
    Hope so, but he does need to get near his top form quickly, because he wasn't there earlier in the season. I've always rated him as pretty good for this level, hopefully the Slocombe of last season will return tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yup Sam is easily good enough for this level. The rest and reminder of possible competition can't do any harm.

It was just an added bonus that a youngster brought in on loan was an upgrade on an already good situation. The radar was working well again with Patto.
    Was it Radar or was it an IB connection. I thought IB knows the keeper coach at Sunderland and the connection and interest evolved from that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hope so, but he does need to get near his top form quickly, because he wasn't there earlier in the season. I've always rated him as pretty good for this level, hopefully the Slocombe of last season will return tomorrow.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Definitely an upgrade on Slocombe for dealing with crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agreed. Though IMO and it appears IB agrees, that was the same for the team as a collective. We have performed better in the last 7/8 games than we did in the first 7/8.
    A number of individuals have improved performances from earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Was it Radar or was it an IB connection. I thought IB knows the keeper coach at Sunderland and the connection and interest evolved from that ?
    It was that, he’d had David Preece as his assistant before

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast