+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammers Match Day Thread

Hammers Match Day Thread

Doubt I will be able to watch this one but I anticipate it will be a good game. From the Hammers point of view anyway.

Come on you Wanderers, give it your best!

Mike Dean is the Ref!!! I've put a small bet on both a penalty and a red card!!

HT 0-0. West Ham showed early promise, but Wolves came back and have edged it at the break. Good game so far, now if only we can find the key to the door and get through the Hammers defence we can still get a point or three. GYW !!!

What an excellent game so far. Two good teams playing good open football. Fingers crossed we come through at the end. Good performances from us all over the field.

Come on mi Babbies!!!

After 0-0 at the break, Wolves came out in the second half and pressured the Hammers for long periods. In the 57' Jimenez finished a great move by Wolves, when he right-footed the ball past the outstretched arm of Fabianski into the net. It was the culmination of
    of some clever, sustained pressure from Wolves. The Hammers tried to lift their game, but it wasn't enough and in the end we deserved our 1-0 victory. Three more valuable points !!!
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 20-11-2021 at 05:19 PM.

After a slow start we made West Ham look bang average, Neves and Moutinho ran the midfield. Chang was a little anonymous, but other than that a collective quality performance.

Max Kilman is knocking on the door of an England place, player of the season thus far, just a shame he didn’t rifle that volley from Ait - Nouri’s clever free kick into the top corner.

It could easily, and probably justifiably, have been 2 or 3-0.

Molineux was absolutely rocking after Raul’s goal, lovely finish to a lovely build up. Speaking of whom, watch out for Code red:Raul Jimenez on BBC iplayer tonight hope they don’t make it too mawkish!

Well I certainly predicted that game wrong. I fully expected West Ham to give us a trouncing, how wrong can you be. After a cagey start from both sides, a game of chess ensued. We were very patient, some crisp passing in all directions as we strode to pierce the Hammers organised defence. We were having the lions share of possession, with Neves and Moutinho pulling the strings in midfield. Neves, my man of the match, sent several pinging balls out to Ait-Nouri and Semedo. Despite loads of the ball being played by us, half time came and the scoreboard still showed 0-0.

I fully expected Moyes to have really got into the visitors, who prior to an earlier Chelsea win, had the chance to top the Premiership today.. Some excellent football led to Raul getting the winner with a delightful shot into the right hand corner of Fabianski's net. West Ham started to come to life but the defence held solid with Kilman again excellent. Traore was introduced and he had a couple of marauding runs, the latter culminating in a stinging shot that looked net bound before it was blocked.

With four minutes extra time being allocated, Mike Dean, who in fairness had a decent game for a change, had to replace the football, which in turn prolonged the tension before the relief of the final whistle.

A result that places us 6th in the table tonight in front of Man U and Spurs.

I have just spent some time reading the comments on one of the West Ham fans forums. While very critical of their side, several heaped praise on Wolves. Raul and Max Kilman both getting special mentions.

After watching Match of the Day last night it was clear that the commentary team were expecting a West Ham win. I gulped when the man on the mike criticised a Neves shot, that was a superb pass with the outside of his boot to Podence. Not a mention of the Traore run and shot at the end. Still there were a lot of goals in the other games.

Did not expect a win at all! Was pleasantly surprised when I got back from basketball practice that Wolves were up and was able to watch the last half hour. Outside of maybe one moment or two, Wolves looked composed and ready to deal with anything. West Ham have been very good this season. Any win against a team head of you in the table is a good win. Up to 6th for at least a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)