+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relegated

I think it is to early to say we're 100% relegated, yes it might happen - looks likely at the minute but to early to 100% call it.

In my opinion.

Todays game gave me hope that we can still do something. Yes, Norwich got a win but they'll fall back. Other clubs will have bad runs, if we attack like that we'll score goals. What we'll need to do is tighten up at the back, getting Dubs back will make a massive difference I think.

Can't believe that Darlow was played before Dubravka, am I missing something here ?

Aye..pretty surprised that he wasn't back in today although I guess, with Darlow being the man with the jersey when Howe came, he's probably been given a chance to stake a claim.

I thought we were a completely different team going forward today, looked so much better. The defence is a worry but Brentfords first and third goals should never have been scored. The first goal was straight at Darlow and his failure to follow through and jump on the ball for their third was an absolute disgrace. We should have won today, let’s try and keep the positivity going a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye..pretty surprised that he wasn't back in today although I guess, with Darlow being the man with the jersey when Howe came, he's probably been given a chance to stake a claim.
    Poor from Howe if that's the case. Play your best keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by mag_dog View Post
    I thought we were a completely different team going forward today, looked so much better. The defence is a worry but Brentfords first and third goals should never have been scored. The first goal was straight at Darlow and his failure to follow through and jump on the ball for their third was an absolute disgrace. We should have won today, let’s try and keep the positivity going a little longer.
    Good point. We should have won really. Hopefully Darlow never plays again for this club. Hes perdormance was poor.

Dubravka must play from now and until January.

I reckon:

a) he's not 100% and no point risking him a week early and losing him for further weeks/months
    b) Howe would have seen all he needs to see to now know that Darlow is for the bench. Or 3rd keeper if we get someone better than Dubravka in

Sometimes you got to see things for yourself.

Trust the process.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I reckon:

a) he's not 100% and no point risking him a week early and losing him for further weeks/months
    b) Howe would have seen all he needs to see to now know that Darlow is for the bench. Or 3rd keeper if we get someone better than Dubravka in

Sometimes you got to see things for yourself.

Trust the process.
    Nevertheless, Dubravka must have watched that and kept his thoughts to himself.

The quicker he is fully fit and stays fit the quicker we will get wins and move off the bottom.

Darlow isn't a terrible keeper but he is only consistently good in patches and that doesn't hold up in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by mag_dog View Post
    let’s try and keep the positivity going a little longer.
    Yes...very much this. It's easy to get despondent given our league position and the worry about going down and the distrust about what the PL would do in terms of changing the rules while we were out of the league...but the bigger picture is brighter than we could ever have imagined.

This team will struggle to stay up on its own with SB. It won't with our new man and a few good additions in January - a couple of wins on the bounce takes us out of the bottom 3 and changes everything quickly. Signs are there and the 3-3 draw is better than a 0-0.

Or am I stupid like Viking suggests?

Stay cool like Fonzie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)