+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 182 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1817

Thread: The funsters

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    F*ck me. Are we crowd debating on testimonials now? Jesus. ������
    Nope sorry I never debate crowd debates with you guys as since around 1977 you guys win hands down , I just had to defend Cammy from one of your posters having a dig at the crowd for Cammys game earlier on ,

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    How about the Doon measurement 🙈🙈🙈
    F#ck me lads peters alive!

Amazing how Dees climb out of their beds to celebrate a United defeat once again

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Nope sorry I never debate crowd debates with you guys as since around 1977 you guys win hands down , I just had to defend Cammy from one of your posters having a dig at the crowd for Cammys game earlier on ,
    "Only 3000 . For "one of their own" Who's career highlight is beating United, a true blue??? That can't be correct can it??? "

That wasn't a dig, that was a genuine comment on that such a local Dees hero only got 3K at his testimonial especially when he openly comments on not liking United, that usually would have pulled a lot more through the turnstiles.

I'm sure Jim Duffy got quite a bit more than that, (might have even been a ful hoose) and he's a west-coaster. Then again, they were playing a real team, and Scotland werent playing that night either.

Careful now..................you know you want to..........

Just looked at crowds from Nov 1973, unbelievable. Celtic at home to Partick, 23,000, Rangers home same day, 19,000, United home ti East Fife, 2971, it couldn't have been the prices, like today, it was very cheap back then. Standing, carry outs in ground, 50 years ago.

Just watched Celtic v United there, semi final replay 1981. They won 3-2, Celtic had Nicholas and McGarvey up front as well.

Dunfermline v ICT today 5034

More than the Funsters v County.

😁

And by the way Sean Dillon's testimonial was better than Cammy Kerr's 😂
    Cammy has never lifted the Scottish Cup either. 1910 and never again as the lady said....

Dunfermline won the Scottish Cup in 1968.
    Better stadium than Dens Park*
    Bigger crowds

Bigger club.

*not a high bar to be fair 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    "Only 3000 . For "one of their own" Who's career highlight is beating United, a true blue??? That can't be correct can it??? "

That wasn't a dig, that was a genuine comment on that such a local Dees hero only got 3K at his testimonial especially when he openly comments on not liking United, that usually would have pulled a lot more through the turnstiles.

I'm sure Jim Duffy got quite a bit more than that, (might have even been a ful hoose) and he's a west-coaster. Then again, they were playing a real team, and Scotland werent playing that night either.

Careful now..................you know you want to..........
    Not sure about the crowd at Jim Duffys game against a select Scotland team , but I do remember it was a Sunday afternoon in the dark so must’ve been winter time , I was in the main stand , now I’m very rarely in the main stand , so I’m thinking maybe it was only the main stand that was open , crowd then being limited to around 4K , might be bleatherin sh1te though ?

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Not sure about the crowd at Jim Duffys game against a select Scotland team , but I do remember it was a Sunday afternoon in the dark so must’ve been winter time , I was in the main stand , now I’m very rarely in the main stand , so I’m thinking maybe it was only the main stand that was open , crowd then being limited to around 4K , might be bleatherin sh1te though ?
    I was at that match, in the Derry I'm sure. 🤔

Page 158 of 182 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)