+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Food

little chef bramley j1 m18 was a late night regular for me after underage boozing in ball inn and travellers on way home. then walking on railings like idiots across m18. Jeez .
    1969 to 70 ish.

You actually got food exactly as it was pictured on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Whatever happened to the Little chef and Happy eater places, they seemed to disappear in the 90's. 🍔
    Little Chef were definitely still going after 1999 because one on the A5 was always our first port of call when we came back from the US and were making our way North from Heathrow. They started disappearing around 2007 and the last one finally closed in 2018 (according to Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    You actually got food exactly as it was pictured on the wall.
    What a three foot burger?

Christ! No wonder they shut down, that food is rank!

A big burger - Bun, a frankfurter cut up into segments? sprinkled with cheese in the middle and a 1/4 inch burger stuck on top all served up with a plate of anaemic chips for a tenner! You're havin a larf guv.

little chef bramley j1 m18 was a late night regular for me after underage boozing in ball inn and travellers on way home. then walking on railings like idiots across m18. Jeez .
    1969 to 70 ish.
    1969-70 ish ehh, well thats before my time lol.
    As for the food looking like the picture advert on the wall, it reminds me of the scene in Falling down. Where Michael Douglas goes apesh*it with a machine gun after being given a terrible looking 'Whammy' burger.
    🍔 🍟

we had the breakfast on a belly full of beer about 11 at night. the pubs shut at 10.30.
    happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    1969-70 ish ehh, well thats before my time lol.
    As for the food looking like the picture advert on the wall, it reminds me of the scene in Falling down. Where Michael Douglas goes apesh*it with a machine gun after being given a terrible looking 'Whammy' burger.
    🍔 🍟
    Opposite for us .only being about 15 or 16 kids.
    women working there knew us well . It was sit down shut up or you will get fk all.
    We did.

Seen quite a few Wimpy's down south, usually in Es***.

I got some fresh laid eggs from my grandsons school , they were amazing, for poaching (stayed together )
    Frying, thick double white. Got me wondering why supermarket eggs are crap.
    Right, a farmer has up to 30 days to carton the eggs. the supermarkets have up to 30 days to sell them after packing date. So 2 month old eggs on shelves. Safe but it explains why when you crack an egg it half fills a pan
    this was my main point. how many of you 2 month old eggs were "fresh?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast