+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa Park Atmosphere

Villa Park Atmosphere

Yes I know weve been humbled at VP recently but Yesterday was a chance to get VP rocking again but for some reason its not coming across very well and some comments from away fans making me think, have we developed a whole new set of fans?
    Season tickets sold out in record time all casual tickets snapped up by club members. I have only been once this season and noticed then many empty seats, on MOTD there was again many empty seats visible, yet there was 42000 inside the Church apparently. There are large 'Family' gatherings, you know Dad, who brings Mom and two tickets for the kids because its easier than looking for a sitter. Im sure many fans stay away because they cannot be bothered or maybe not really villa fans but come to the Big games, Yes I know football is changing crikey dont we know things are changing today but I think this is actually affecting the Atmosphere, I do not see the passion, the songs apart from the usual drone 'Every year we follow' ....i can imagine away games are totally different. Is it me or has anyone else noticed a drop in the Noise.
    Thoughts!

All seater stadiums- too restrictive. Not being able to sit/stand with your pals, leading to loads of 'single seats' scattered all around the ground. I'm not flying over so that I'm in the Holte, whilst my 14yr old is in the North Stand.

Over-zealous stewarding- Oi sit down, and stop shouting/singing!!!

A generation of selfie-obsessed supporters- How the f can you roar on your team whilst manufacturing the perfect pose. Or by filming every attack.

Price increases and hospitality- Leading to the gentrification of the football fan.

Satellite TV- Too easy to sit by the fire with a can (cuppa), thereby avoiding all of the above.

Internet streaming- Ditto

‘Every week we follow’ is a lovely fluffy song that offends no one, and is easy to remember

Away games were always different, as they always attracted a more passionate class of oik

The game’s gone.

Bet those empty seats will be taken when Jacks leads his City side at VP in a couple of weeks time?

I'm sure they will be Dave, some just to see a team littered with England players rather than vociferously back their team. It's also a nightmare getting away after a game and I'm sure that puts some off going every week.

Well we are all crying out for a bigger stadium but image another 20,000 trying to sqeeze in then get out. Would have to be the train, and they would have to bring the Villa specials back?

Have you seen the meltdown on Twitter about the train queues and letting them leave the station half empty whilst people are left freezing in the street. The whole fan experience at Villa is terrible, queues to get in, takes ages to get a quick drink once inside, no phone signal and whichever way you choose to travel it takes ages to get away. Aston Lane never was great but now with the roadworks at Perry Barr it's much worse.

In my day....

Train special to New Street is the answer? Takes me back when they did the Villa Specials on the number 11 outer circle.

That would help mate but they also need to let the bl00dy things fill up!

I see Mr Purslow is now seeking planning permission by the end of the year for ground expansion. Its comforting to have a solid 20k on a waiting list but cinfusion on the capacity. The Exptess and Star are saying 50k which suggests a smaller transormation by filling in the corners which I would see as disapointing! Talk still of 60k which is what we actually need to satisfy current demand. Either way it looks like something is happening. Myself, I would like the North stand completely knocked down, if your going to do it, do it right.

Ticket prices are already going up with the high profile games being pretty expensive and with further investment in the squad I think it's just the start which will put a lot of people off going, especially with the ridiculous delays getting away from VP afterwards. Not sure where these 20,000 are as I got a ticket for the West Ham game without buying a membership and there were a few empty seats around me.

If we can fill it then bring it on but let's hope we keep the iconic look of VP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)