+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tottenham Hotspur - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

Tottenham Hotspur - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

4.30pm KO.

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham defender Cristian Romero has been ruled out after suffering a hamstring problem while on international duty with Argentina.

Oliver Skipp is banned for accumulating five yellow cards, while Giovani Lo Celso is doubtful with a minor injury.

Leeds will again be without Patrick Bamford and Luke Ayling because of respective ankle and knee injuries.

Junior Firpo and Jamie Shackleton are both fit again and could be involved on Sunday.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham have won their last four home league meetings with Leeds.This is their 100th meeting in all competitions, with Spurs ahead by 37 wins to Leeds' 33.

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham could equal their club record of four league games without a goal for the first time since 2006.

Spurs have managed just nine goals in the league in 2021-22 - only bottom side Norwich have scored fewer. At the same stage last season, Son Heung-min had scored 10 league goals and Harry Kane had eight.

This season, Kane has scored just once in 10 Premier League appearances. In all competitions, he has gone five consecutive Spurs games without a goal for the first time since 2016.

Tottenham have benefitted from four own goals in all competitions this season, more than any other Premier League side.

Leeds United

Leeds have gone three league games without defeat for the first time this season (W1, D2).Marcelo Bielsa's side have not kept a clean sheet in any of their five top-flight away matches so far.

Leeds have drawn five Premier League matches in 2021-22, as many as they did in the whole of last season.

Raphinha has scored 45% of Leeds' goals in the Premier League this season (five of 11), opening the scoring in a joint-high four matches.

2 - 2.

MOT.

I'd take a draw right now

1-1

Could go either way this, entire game will just rest on how much Spurs want it, if they turn up and play to their ability we will lose

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'd take a draw right now

1-1

Could go either way this, entire game will just rest on how much Spurs want it, if they turn up and play to their ability we will lose
    1-1 would be good but if we can get an early goal could put them under pressure.

Just hope Harry Kane emptied his goal tank for England

Yep agree with joel on this one.

As hopey says just lets just hope Kane shot his load for England and is firing blanks today.

I would not be worried about him as he clearly doesn't want to be there and won't perform. I think we can get over them today but than again how do we know which Leeds will turn up just as likely to lose 3 zip.

Why am I reading everywhere that Raphinha and Rodrigo are out now as well?

Is this just Twitter nonsense or true?

If it is I'd have massive concerns about any chance we have of getting a result

RODRIGO what a goal Ohh poo I'm watching Man City lol

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Why am I reading everywhere that Raphinha and Rodrigo are out now as well?

Is this just Twitter nonsense or true?

If it is I'd have massive concerns about any chance we have of getting a result
    If true we lose simple as that!

Fingers/Toes crossed its just b0ll0cks!

Also hearing Roberts starts (ffs)

Looks like you are right joel

A feckin hammering on its way chaps!

Looks like I picked the right week to start injecting heroin

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)