+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't give a feck anymore,

I don't give a feck anymore,

Yup its come to that for me and Aberdeen Football Club, I came to that conclusion after yet another dismal performance yesterday, Not prepared to have another weekend ruined by an organisation who don't give a feck for me, Aberdeen have the potential to a massive club ! A City all to themselves a latent support that could fill Pittodrie every game I like most of you joined the 42,000 at Parkhead for the cup final and had more tickets been available could have been 50,000, I suppose I've been lucky having lived through the 80s had the privilege of seeing them win the title at Easter road and sailed on the St.Clair to Gothenburg, I pop on this forum now and again particularly post-games and all I see is anger, Despondency and total misery and I absolutely dont blame you guys you deserve better we all do, We have and had for years a deep malaise running through the club at every level, I am still an Aberdeen supporter (cant be anything else) but from now on I don't give a ****,

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Yup its come to that for me and Aberdeen Football Club, I came to that conclusion after yet another dismal performance yesterday, Not prepared to have another weekend ruined by an organisation who don't give a feck for me, Aberdeen have the potential to a massive club ! A City all to themselves a latent support that could fill Pittodrie every game I like most of you joined the 42,000 at Parkhead for the cup final and had more tickets been available could have been 50,000, I suppose I've been lucky having lived through the 80s had the privilege of seeing them win the title at Easter road and sailed on the St.Clair to Gothenburg, I pop on this forum now and again particularly post-games and all I see is anger, Despondency and total misery and I absolutely dont blame you guys you deserve better we all do, We have and had for years a deep malaise running through the club at every level, I am still an Aberdeen supporter (cant be anything else) but from now on I don't give a ****,
    But you clearly do still give a feck Stewarty - or else why make yer post min?

I think yer probably in a similar camp to me - you still give a feck, check out games online / scores etc and comment occasionally - but don’t waste yer time, money and any emotional investment by actually going anymore.

I do give a feck, it’s my team and always will be and it’s sad to see the mess we’re in (yet again) - but the difference for me these days is unlike when I was younger I dinna let it ruin my day, week, month etc as they’re just not worth it.

Saw the score yesterday, raised eyes and a quick sigh, then moved on. Won’t give it much more thought either now, though I’ll probably get mildly irritated by the tiresome and inevitable “we go again” pish in the media this week.

My apathy was imbedded by events we’ve gone over plenty times that happened a long time before the latest debacle of this season mind…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 21-11-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Yip, it’s been a while since I actually went to a game, but it all looks like it’s getting better to me.

It’s been a long time since we actually had a team to be proud of, a long long time, but to me we’re on the right road now.

The results are s’hite but as long as we stay out of a relegation dogfight then Glass and Cormack are worth a season to get the changes done.
    I still maintain that we will go into the close season only looking for one or two significant signings to attempt a challenge at the top of the league.
    That’s a far better position to be in than being halfway through another turgid McInnes season, picking up boring wins along the way.

The only time this season I despaired was after the defeat at Dens, that was truly awful.

Of course, as I said at the beginning, I haven’t been to the games, but it looks like an improvement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Everyone look at Stewarty...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    But you clearly do still give a feck Stewarty - or else why make yer post min?

I think yer probably in a similar camp to me - you still give a feck, check out games online / scores etc and comment occasionally - but don’t waste yer time, money and any emotional investment by actually going anymore.

I do give a feck, it’s my team and always will be and it’s sad to see the mess we’re in (yet again) - but the difference for me these days is unlike when I was younger I dinna let it ruin my day, week, month etc as they’re just not worth it.

Saw the score yesterday, raised eyes and a quick sigh, then moved on. Won’t give it much more thought either now, though I’ll probably get mildly irritated by the tiresome and inevitable “we go again” pish in the media this week.

My apathy was imbedded by events we’ve gone over plenty times that happened a long time before the latest debacle of this season mind…

Agreed you are both probably the same age as myself. It's gaun on too long now and we aren't getting any better.

The years of dragging myself out my pit at the crack of dawn have long gone. Likewise my money is spent elsewhere and don't let it ruin my weekend anymore. Having lived through the misery of A Miller,Pele, McGhee et all the start of the McInnes era was promising.

I took my kids up the A92 and went away as well but since covid sod it.

I used to dread working on a match day now I don't give a ****.

The stadium was never full in the glory days but you knew you'd be entertained. The dross I've wasted hard earned cash on over the years is a pretty penny I wish I could get back as with the ****ing shares.

It ain't gonna change anytime soon given the financial pickle we are in.

Hiya min.

Ujpest are bottom of the league just now as well so you’re not having a good time of it.

It’s a point though, if I was booking flights or whatever I used to always check the fixture list first.
    Now I probably don’t know which games I’m missing until the match thread on here.

Most of that is down to boring football but age has to come into it too.
    Just canna be arsed getting worked up about a game any more.

Well, until I see and hear Huns that is, or think about the b’astards.
    I’m away for a lie down.

I think I'm in a broadly similar camp to other posters, but I don't think it's necessarily just the club, certainly not in my case.
    I think my apathy has more stemmed from the overt riggedness of the game in this country.
    Twas ever thus, yes, but it's so much more overt, and even strategic now.

I can live with being p1sh, some of the most fun times I ever had following the Dons was during the Ebbe era when we were an almighty red-up on and off the pitch.

This bloody-minded thrawnness kicked in.
    It sometimes git a bit "tartan army" but nae that often to be fair.

I, along with probably all of us, died a little bit at Queen of the South, but the real fall off came when r*****s died.

The pandering to the new club, their ushering straight into the league, the stated garbage that was spouted about the need for them in pecuniary terms......just sickened me.

That was a chance for real change, a wholesale realignment of the game in this country.

Every fan wants a bigger top division, every fan wants rid of the 11-1.
    But, with compliant chairmen like our own, the needs of the two vile organisations who have played the biggest part in wrecking the game in this land, were placed ahead of the desires of the majority of fans in this country.

The game in this country is rotten to its core, we saw that again yesterday with Mad-hun's antics.

That's been the main factor in driving me away.
    If we were just p1sh, on a level playing field, in a genuine meritocratic environment, I'd want change but I'd still be more practically engaged.
    But now, it strikes me the McInnes era might be at, or close to, the glass ceiling (give or take a Scottish Cup or two).
    Again, I'm aware, and can just about live with, the fact that the league is beyond all but the viles.
    But the fact that a pathway to changing that would immediately be closed in the unlikely event it should arise..........too far I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Everyone look at Stewarty...
    Not among the great flounces in the history of hysterical internet dummy-spitting though. It’s like he left his key on the sideboard and mumbled something before going to bide with his granny.

3/10

Have to agree, have come to sad conclusion that at the tender age of 61 and being a regular season ticket holder for the best part of 30 years, a regular attendee at Pittodrie since 1975-76 season I have just had enough. Sick of these gutless performances. Should never have renewed my season ticket this season but my initial reluctance to renew was overcome by Colgate Dave’s promises, I am a complete tool. Pricks of chairmen like Milne and Cormack have run this club to the ground, and to think I used to moan about Dick Donald before, he was a prince of chairmen compared to these imbeciles. And what I would give to see a Chris Anderson again at the helm. The club is rudderless and stagnant. I do hope the the Dons win a trophy before I pop my clogs but I doubt it. Going to Pittodrie is a chore now because I just don’t have that feeling like I used to have, hell I’d rather stay at home and watch Man City on TV with a couple of beers instead now. Aberdeen are now a dead club with no ambition, a manager whose the best friend of the chairman, he’s just a glorified Promary school PE teacher. Perfect example yesterday of how useless he is with his inept post-match interview not defending Funso Ojo after that shocking refereeing decision yesterday. Can you imagine if that was Fergie? He’d have ripped right into Bobby MadHun,and the fat Jute prick moron fan who pushed Ojo, and the stewarding. But not Glass, he’s useless!! Have to say, I feel we won’t be allowed to win trophies anyway with SFA radicalised referees to make sure Celtic and Sevco win trophies for their Sky audiences. It’s a joke now.

I’ m pretty sure this will be my last season at Pittodrie…. unless we win the Scottish Cup in May (like **** we will)

It’s difficult to drum up real enthusiasm for Aberdeen FC when the club manager and the chairman are too close for comfort whilst not having a trophy cabinet to back up the glue that holds them together. If the club really want a real interest in the club we are quite a distance off achieving it going ahead with the way we as a club conduct ourselves. A strong team on the pitch with a strong manager and a chairman who demands success is the way to make everything a hell of a lot better. Currently we have none of the three so no wonder the season is virtually over before the turn of the year. We are powderpuff and everyone in Scottish football knows it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast