+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oli vs Ings

Can't see him dropping Ramsey Bong - he's being talked about a lot lately, MOTM for the U21's last time out and we are better with him in the side. Maybe we play with them both in a diamond with Dougie holding and McGinn further forward, Ollie gets 1 of the 2 other spots leaving possibilities with Buendia/Bailey/Ings.

Emi
    C/K/M/T
    Dougie
    JR/Sanson
    SJM
    Ollie + 1

I dont understand the obsession with Sanson? 5th choice at best.

Maybe we should have signed Benteke?
    I think Edward would fit into the 3 up front Gerrard plays

The thing with Sanson, Bongo, is that he has a huge reputation as a DM in France. Injuries have just prevented him from proving it here. Strangely, he was practically injury-free in his homeland.

Then there’s the old adage, that injured players become ‘Messi’ in the minds of the desperate, once they're out of the team.

Curiosity is behind my reasons for him to play. I.e. Was that impressive first 40 mins at Chelsea, a fluke, or his bread and butter form?

I didn't know he played well against Chelsea

It was the cup game Bong and like Exiled I am curious based on his reputation in France

Well im curious now 🤔 What i do know is he needs a run of games without being injured. I would rather see him subbed on for now.

Oli all day for me, he’s gonna get better and better and already think Gerrard working on his hold up play, do think ings is a good player and think we will see them
    Both up top again at some point tbh

hello guys, its been while, a few years since i posted.
    Ings over Olie for at CF for me, Ings is a proven striker we all know if he has the chances he will score, as mentioned Ollie needs 10 shots to score 1, yes he scores good goals but i reckon he would be etter of the wing, give him the season as a Ronaldo to Ings Tevez
    Anyway, respect you beautiful people xxxx

Welcome back JS, im still baffled why we bought Ings in, not that he aint class but two in to into one does not go. He is an expensive sub a luxury, we may be short of wide men today so you could push Ollie out wide but for me Watkins gets the vote

Hi J. Yeah, as a striker, I prefer Ings, but as an all-around frontman, I'd say Ollie.

It all depends on the formation really.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)