+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a tad worried.....

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    That's all. Just a little worried.

Our injured players aren't all suddenly gonna return and we start whippin a55 and climb the table. When each does return, might take them 2 or 3 games to get back to match sharpness. Could be too late.

We ain't getting any luck. If Raphinha had been playing today, we would have at least got a point.

Squad too thin. Need to splash some cash in January plus offload some tripe soon. Need Bamford back (I know, I can't believe I said that either).

Good evening. ��
    Would you like a toot on my my crack pipe mate

Aye I get ya drift hoz mate, ch & mc have better odds of beating us, don’t make our other games easier is what I meant! The other teams around us on the same page at a good guess = hard fought battles.
    Like our mate Rev said like yourself really the teams out of the top 4 - 6 seem to plow the rest of us. This next quarter of the season should put us all in the same picture.

For the first time this season i feel we will get relegated. The belief just inst there, we play well, but don't look like winning. straight from the off second half, it looked like a matter of time before they equalized, and you just knew if they got one, it would be 2.
    Defence is appalling.
    Anyone missing Alioski yet.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    For the first time this season i feel we will get relegated. The belief just inst there, we play well, but don't look like winning. straight from the off second half, it looked like a matter of time before they equalized, and you just knew if they got one, it would be 2.
    Defence is appalling.
    Anyone missing Alioski yet.
    I suggested early that he was trialling 3 CB and got laughed at now look what he is playing and today had Phillips to back them up as they have been useless and looked steady then he goes takes Phillips away from them and we crumbled. Honestly, MB is not what he is crapped up to be.
    Think Murderball is going to kill us lol.
    Be interesting in Jan if we look like going down what happens!

End of that game is worst i've felt, we just didn't look like scoring.

I've not been worried until now but now I'm genuinely concerned we will go down mostly because Bamford does not look like he is coming back anytime soon. I don't think Bamford is world class but just the fact we have literally nobody else is going to do for us, we've dropped i'd say 5 points because we have no striker, we'd have got a draw today, we'd have beaten Leicester and Wolves as well.

It is all well and good saying, well we have these players out, we just need them to come back......but when? We all know it will still take them 2/3 games to get back up to speed and the risk is they get injured again. We have gambled totally on Roberts being any good and he just isn't, he is a championship player.

We are hopelessly exposed whenever team presses us, that second half was horrible to watch and it isn't the first time, we never looked threatening after they went up and all they had to do was push up the pitch and we resort to just smacking long balls at Harrison.

Can't fault their effort or endeavour but sometimes you've just got to realise what you've got isn't good enough. We are a striker and a centre midfielder short and probably a right back

No worries for me [relegation wise] - consistent effort & decent stats despite missing players & late withdrawals & yesterday combating well untill Spurs tactical switch and an unforced defensive error.

Unlucky today on viewing highlights,appeared to give their all yet again.

Few on here getting edgy & requiring what exactly - top 6 ?
    Only issue for me is it'll take Bamford a while to get back up to speed.
    Just hope his White McLaren 570s pedals are easy on his ankles.[nice reg, 'MOT' plate]

Real quality players would make difference looking at season so far stats - natural striker-finisher Defo.
    Obviously a few players are on borrowed time but we all knew that anyway.

Who'd be bought in for who for an immediate effect and in place of exactly who ?

For those who wish to go with the kids - well now you've seen them.
    Interesting that another youngster 15-year-old Archie Gray, grandson & great nephew of club legends Frank and Eddie had been considered when putting together the matchday squad. Archie travelled but watched from the stands - wow must be the real-deal then by Bielsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

No worries for me [relegation wise] - consistent effort & decent stats despite missing players & late withdrawals & yesterday combating well untill Spurs tactical switch and an unforced defensive error.

Just hope his White McLaren 570s pedals are easy on his ankles.[nice reg, 'MOT' plate]

Real quality players would make difference looking at season so far stats - natural striker-finisher Defo.

Who'd be bought in for who for an immediate effect and in place of exactly who ?

Interesting that another youngster 15-year-old Archie Gray, grandson & great nephew of club legends Frank and Eddie had been considered when putting together the matchday squad. Archie travelled but watched from the stands - wow must be the real-deal then by Bielsa.
    I can't share your optimism. Sheffield United were the same way last season. Something different happens every game to stop us winning because there are just too many problems with the team. I think we will be bottom of the league by January 3rd. Relegated by May 1st. On the bright side, EFL division doesn't look that daunting with parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

We weren't unlucky against Spurs, they didn't try in the first half and then tried in the second and should have scored 3/4. We barely threatened them other than speculative shots.

I don't think signings are the answer, it never works under Bielsa.

We looked good but we only looked good against a team playing weirdly deep and not pressuring us, we looked horrific in that second half and all over the place.

there was one bit of good news on this game.

Gelherdt looked solid. would have had a goal if Kane doesn't stop the ball with his arm. the quick yellow card really hurt his ability to pressure the ball. Hope he learns from that.

the other bit of news is that KP, Strujik and Forshaw looked great

The bad news was the weird rationale of moving KP from back to mid? we also were treated to Roberts again along with Firpo.

Really think it's time to play the U-23's when we sub. we need something different to break the mojo.

and yes, I badly miss Alioski.

If we lose the next 2...

I'd sell KP for 75 million and Raph for 65 million in January. Make sure you have the money to bounce back up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)