+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a tad worried.....

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    If we lose the next 2...

I'd sell KP for 75 million and Raph for 65 million in January. Make sure you have the money to bounce back up.
    I mean, I'm worried but giving up and selling our best two players in January is a bit far

They may make that choice for us

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    If we lose the next 2...

I'd sell KP for 75 million and Raph for 65 million in January. Make sure you have the money to bounce back up.
    That's a bit like jumping into the Thames with concrete shoes on spaldy

They will go anyway if we go down along with half the current side and if I am being honest here I reckon there is a good chance Phillips and Raph will go whether we go down or stay up.

Warning bells are ringing and all the hard work that has been done will be undone if we go down.

I am trying to see the way out but I can't help but feel we are sleepwalking towards relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I mean, I'm worried but giving up and selling our best two players in January is a bit far
    Yeah, but like us, if the club gets worried in Jan it's in their best interest to profit and the players themselves to move on.
    I have a feeling if it keeps going the way it is we will see a big turnover not just players from MB for 49rs taking full control WTF will start posting as Orta finally F offs. This club from been the talking club last season is now a laughing stock by persisting with totally crap players eg Firpo Roberts Cooper Klitch shadow of his former self except when he plays for Poland.
    Man this next 6 weeks are going to be big and I Hope MBS smile in shaking Contys hands is still there.

A small tight squad is fine and dandy until there are one or two injuries. Then, bare bottom is exposed and rot sets in. The human psychological aspect is natural. If players feel they're in a relegation battle, then Championship may be looming.....

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    A small tight squad is fine and dandy until there are one or two injuries. Then, bare bottom is exposed and rot sets in. The human psychological aspect is natural. If players feel they're in a relegation battle, then Championship may be looming.....
    Agree totally...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Agree totally...
    The Ayling injury was thought to be serious at the time so not surprised he isn’t back yet - Bamford on a podcast about a month ago suggested he was pretty much ready to go so not really sure what happened there.

If you look at the players that went last summer Pablo, Bernardo, Alioski and Kiko together with Poveda who got a lot of game time from the bench - we only brought 3 players in ready for the first team for what was already a thin squad so it is more stretched in many ways than last year (accepting Berra on played in the last few games).

We simply can’t cope with the amount of injuries to the key players we have and the most obvious gaps as we all know are in midfield (maybe two light there) and back up for Bamford.

Yes we have great kids but too early in their development and experience to rely on lots of them every week as some possibly two years away from being first team regulars.

Sure we will buy in Jan as the gamble of Koch and Forshaw being fit all season has back fired already and now Forshaw fit and playing he shows what having quality in midfield means in this league.

Think we will stay up but will be a lot closer than it should be.

Hope Rapha and Rodrigo fit for Palace

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The Ayling injury was thought to be serious at the time so not surprised he isn’t back yet - Bamford on a podcast about a month ago suggested he was pretty much ready to go so not really sure what happened there.

If you look at the players that went last summer Pablo, Bernardo, Alioski and Kiko together with Poveda who got a lot of game time from the bench - we only brought 3 players in ready for the first team for what was already a thin squad so it is more stretched in many ways than last year (accepting Berra on played in the last few games).

We simply can’t cope with the amount of injuries to the key players we have and the most obvious gaps as we all know are in midfield (maybe two light there) and back up for Bamford.

Yes we have great kids but too early in their development and experience to rely on lots of them every week as some possibly two years away from being first team regulars.

Sure we will buy in Jan as the gamble of Koch and Forshaw being fit all season has back fired already and now Forshaw fit and playing he shows what having quality in midfield means in this league.

Think we will stay up but will be a lot closer than it should be.

Hope Rapha and Rodrigo fit for Palace
    Think the mindset situation Belfast refers to is the biggest issue at present. If they struggle to convince themselves that we arent in some bother, then a good recipe tor going down. Need a win very quickly to turn them...and still reckon it has to be one of these next two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Think the mindset situation Belfast refers to is the biggest issue at present. If they struggle to convince themselves that we arent in some bother, then a good recipe tor going down. Need a win very quickly to turn them...and still reckon it has to be one of these next two.
    They looked confident first half though but second half we faded a little as Spurs picked up the pace.

They have players in the middle of the park who can beat a man - Moura and Son to name but two - which can create big holes in our man 2 man marking system.

If we play like that against Brighton should get at least a point

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    They looked confident first half though but second half we faded a little as Spurs picked up the pace.

They have players in the middle of the park who can beat a man - Moura and Son to name but two - which can create big holes in our man 2 man marking system.

If we play like that against Brighton should get at least a point
    But that's the bottom line...we did get beat in the end. And every game you finish on the wrong side of the ledger, the confidence washes away more. I've already stated how I view these next two games, and like you I'm thinking (hoping...) we can compete well and earn a draw v Brighton. Then take down Palace in the home game. 🙄

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)