+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a tad worried.....

I dont like getting players in the January window. This window is an exception. Too many injured players. We need an attacking midfielder and a striker, I think. I dont really know any more. We played really well in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half we didn't stop their runs. Poor understanding in defence led to 1st goal. Downhill from there. Team seemed tired and spirituals after the equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    I dont like getting players in the January window. This window is an exception. Too many injured players. We need an attacking midfielder and a striker, I think. I dont really know any more. We played really well in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half we didn't stop their runs. Poor understanding in defence led to 1st goal. Downhill from there. Team seemed tired and spirituals after the equalizer.
    Agree 100%. we've been chumped so bad over the years on the Jan window. we've also lost some good ones back in the bates days. It's a bad mojo month for us.

I still stand by that we have to win the next 2 games. The rot is setting in. Think this is a time we badly miss Alioski. He was the type that lit a fire in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    That's a bit like jumping into the Thames with concrete shoes on spaldy

They will go anyway if we go down along with half the current side and if I am being honest here I reckon there is a good chance Phillips and Raph will go whether we go down or stay up.

Warning bells are ringing and all the hard work that has been done will be undone if we go down.

I am trying to see the way out but I can't help but feel we are sleepwalking towards relegation.
    Sorry Rev, wrong analogy. It's not like jumping in the Thames with cement shoes. it's like when the cargo ship is going down and you have to throw over items to save the ship (general average). we'll know by January if we are likely going down.

Hoping to get results in the next 2 games rather than expecting to is a truly horrible gut wrenching feeling but looking at those around us they also have winnable games as well as ones you probably think they will lose or draw.

December is a gonna be a b1tch of a month

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Sorry Rev, wrong analogy. It's not like jumping in the Thames with cement shoes. it's like when the cargo ship is going down and you have to throw over items to save the ship (general average). we'll know by January if we are likely going down.
    Agree mate.

You grab Firpo and i'll grab Roberts......MEN OVER BOARD

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post

To some degree Andy is right on mind set but bigger squads I'm not sure as this season is about pushing on and putting kids in now and again surely for next season recruitment consultations.

But a lot of footballers will sadly tell you they're only interested in their own performance & when that's not going for them whole apple-carts get quickly up turned & I've met a few footballing mindsets behind private doors expressing themselves.

Surely the first characteristic of a high-performing team is the level of Trust between each member but as in life some don't follow the team rules of Communication, Shared Vision, Culture of Accountability & the positive disciplined Learning Culture required daily from them individually & within the group.

Bielsa would argue [wrong or rightly] by experience, evidence & research that shows younger players derive greater benefit from playing football in smaller squads. As well as getting involved in the games more often players will learn more quickly and as such make more challenging decisions thus maximising individual potential offered.

Personalities all differ & to gel a team depends on individuals earning such Trust given.
    It appears that the Leeds camp is a loyal trusted group, adaptable & keen to learn.
    Many players could not fit into that ethos by taking a 'bench-seat or play in such a
    system we employ - many clubs cannot obtain that scenario & we're no exception and
    would inevitably succumb to player power & fire the coach as route one alternative.

No real answers to 'mindset' but our Owners of course could change direction,buy big &
    still feel the force of fans wrath if matters don't improve - problem is when money
    & egos take the hit we all know what happens next.

Sure presently it's not a good situation but some characters missing due to return
    will be enough to secure safety - whether that's success is up to individual mindset
    including Bielsa's thoughts on that possible scenario, personally it may be time for all
    change ownership, Coaches & players sooner than later me thinks.

Changing manager won’t work as Bielsa gets a lot of the players to perform at a way higher level than anyone else would be able to.

For all his skills there is only so much you can do when people hit their talent ceiling.

We are suffering from players that need upgrading, small squad and crippling injuries to key players at the wrong time.

Sure we will look to bring in a midfielder and a striker in Jan.

Thought Joffy did well first half but he tired significantly second half. We looked shot once Forshaw went off.

The youngsters look great but we also need experience too.

Klich seems to be incapable at the moment of reaching the dizzy heights again.

Hopefully, the performances of Forshaw demonstrate that in the middle of the park you do need people who understand the role.

Don’t think we will go down and stupidly it would be very Leeds for us to start picking up results against the top sides.

Barcodes look shaky as at the back. Norwich still crap for all the new manager bounce - Burnley are the side I worry about as they know how the manager wants them to play, fight hard had have been in these fights a few times.

Need a couple of those above us to start dropping points so that it becomes a 7 team battle- we are not far of the top half if we can string a few wins together.

The rumour about NKetiah won’t go away and he would be a good addition (upgrade on Robert’s) and then a decent midfielder who can hold the ball, beat a player and dovetail with KP and AF would be top of my wish list.

Cantwell is out of favour at Norwich, like the lad from Aberdeen - Lewis Ferguson, or spend big and get one of the decent plays from Southampton or Brighton who seem blessed in midfield.

I think our aim v Brighton should be higher than a point.

And if Cantwell can get a game at the bottom club, well..............

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Changing manager won’t work as Bielsa gets a lot of the players to perform at a way higher level than anyone else would be able to.

For all his skills there is only so much you can do when people hit their talent ceiling.

We are suffering from players that need upgrading, small squad and crippling injuries to key players at the wrong time.

Sure we will look to bring in a midfielder and a striker in Jan.

Thought Joffy did well first half but he tired significantly second half. We looked shot once Forshaw went off.

The youngsters look great but we also need experience too.

Klich seems to be incapable at the moment of reaching the dizzy heights again.

Hopefully, the performances of Forshaw demonstrate that in the middle of the park you do need people who understand the role.

Don’t think we will go down and stupidly it would be very Leeds for us to start picking up results against the top sides.

Barcodes look shaky as at the back. Norwich still crap for all the new manager bounce - Burnley are the side I worry about as they know how the manager wants them to play, fight hard had have been in these fights a few times.

Need a couple of those above us to start dropping points so that it becomes a 7 team battle- we are not far of the top half if we can string a few wins together.

The rumour about NKetiah won’t go away and he would be a good addition (upgrade on Robert’s) and then a decent midfielder who can hold the ball, beat a player and dovetail with KP and AF would be top of my wish list.

Cantwell is out of favour at Norwich, like the lad from Aberdeen - Lewis Ferguson, or spend big and get one of the decent plays from Southampton or Brighton who seem blessed in midfield.

Eddie Nketiah to replace who - seriously do you think he'll come to Leeds to sit on the bench again ?

Realistically MB another season maybe, if we spend next year maybe two but without the Rad as majority Owner it'll goodnight from him I reckon Hopey judging by his previous clubs experiences.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)