+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I get that things have improved the last three years……

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadice82 View Post
    Paul "Mighty" Quinn.
    thats the one, what a prick aye

Paul Quinn made an off-the-cuff remark that was totally misconstrued.
    Suited some of the monsters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadice82 View Post
    Paul "Mighty" Quinn.
    Anyone of a certain age have a song in their head now! Only me then!

I was trying to come up with a reply to this thread last night, but having never been in Hospitality where i believe the Legends help out, i dont know what goes on.

Might there be a culture of too much reminiscing about the old days while the current crop of players maybe dont always feel they are getting the limelight they deserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Anyone of a certain age have a song in their head now! Only me then!

I was trying to come up with a reply to this thread last night, but having never been in Hospitality where i believe the Legends help out, i dont know what goes on.

Might there be a culture of too much reminiscing about the old days while the current crop of players maybe dont always feel they are getting the limelight they deserve?
    I'd be surprised if there was a club that didn't do this. Fans sing songs (massacre of 65), buy retro strips, buy books, DVDs etc etc. It's human nature that people reminisce. The first Macron strip was based on the VG strip FFS. If this story is true it's insanity. Will they remove all the retro strips from the club shop too?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Paul Quinn made an off-the-cuff remark that was totally misconstrued.
    Suited some of the monsters though.
    really?

An ex United player has posted on social media he had to go to Tannadice to remove a Luggy Scotland top and cap that they wanted removed.Sturrock obviously couldna do it himself as he lives down south.The same player has also posted that 9 ex United players were at Ibrox for Walter Smith's funeral and although Tony was only two tables away not once did he engage with any of them.

This is not me stirring shyte this is out there for anyone to read and i'm surprised its not already on here,i left for work at 7.30AM and am no long in but someone at work told me they had read it today.

Name:  6D6777F6-AC48-4FC9-8D0A-FDD3B850590F.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  9.1 KB

No quite sure why the pic is blurry but it’s basically confirming what Gunboat said with a photo of Luggy’s top and cap.
    Last edited by japanarab; 24-11-2021 at 11:14 PM.

What the actual phuck is going on?.When Tony on Twitter told a fan he could not give a phuck what United did in the 80's i thought it was maybe just a wee rant.
    Are the legends memorabilia being replaced with Championship stuff worn by Mark Durnan etc?.I cannot believe Sturrock's 82 world cup tap and cap have been removed from Tannadice that's an FN disgrace.

I don’t go in for the ashgar bashing because I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and he has played a big part In moving our club forward. But really These actions are clueless. The current generation should be inspired by past generations achievements. There should be big mural somewhere round the ground of Conway scoring in the cup final amidst a background of tangerine sea, luggy scoring v Manchester Utd, of Utd produced talent that has made it big to inspire the next generation to emulate them etc... I can’t think of a club that doesn’t celebrate its history (other than maybe ****e ones that have nowt to celebrate). I’ve gone to big clubs and visited museums of football clubs I don’t even support. Maybe supporters clubs can find a way to collectively keep these momentos together.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)