+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I get that things have improved the last three years……

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    Sorry to hear about Tom Cairns, he has been a fantastic volunteer for United. It is so sad that he's left on a sour note. Disappointed to hear "the heart and soul of our club has been snuffed out", particularly when things are going so well on the pitch.
    Also, if true, that Heggie, Malpas etc have been told to get their medals out of Tannadice - that is really strange, United supporters are proud of these guys and their achievements. The club may want to look forward, but United fans know and respect their history, and how difficult it was to get success.
    I totally agree.

We must be honour our past and look forward to a glorious future.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I don’t go in for the ashgar bashing because I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and he has played a big part In moving our club forward. But really These actions are clueless. The current generation should be inspired by past generations achievements. There should be big mural somewhere round the ground of Conway scoring in the cup final amidst a background of tangerine sea, luggy scoring v Manchester Utd, of Utd produced talent that has made it big to inspire the next generation to emulate them etc... I can’t think of a club that doesn’t celebrate its history (other than maybe ****e ones that have nowt to celebrate). I’ve gone to big clubs and visited museums of football clubs I don’t even support. Maybe supporters clubs can find a way to collectively keep these momentos together.
    It doesn’t add up. Why erect a statue of McLean then a few months later remove memorabilia of his players?. Will the Heggy lounge be renamed? The George Fox, Jim McLean stands too? There could be legitimate reasons for what’s happening but it would help greatly if someone from the club explained the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    It doesn’t add up. Why erect a statue of McLean then a few months later remove memorabilia of his players?. Will the Heggy lounge be renamed? The George Fox, Jim McLean stands too? There could be legitimate reasons for what’s happening but it would help greatly if someone from the club explained the reasons.
    And in the season before last to celebrate 50 years of playing in Tangerine, the same Club/owners arranged that before every home game there would be famous ex players invited along to be introduced and presented to the crowd before kick off………..

Its very strange, but thanks to those who posted the confirmation from John Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    And in the season before last to celebrate 50 years of playing in Tangerine, the same Club/owners arranged that before every home game there would be famous ex players invited along to be introduced and presented to the crowd before kick off………..
    Oh, and Jim McIntyre.

Last edited by JamesMcClean; 25-11-2021 at 12:36 PM.

If its true whats happening with the players from the best time as United supporters its a disgrace and I don't really want to hear what the new guys have done for the club in past couple years or so . They have done nothing compared to Jim McLean and his players from that era . I thought it was disgrace that Eddie Thompson got stand named after him before Jim McLean did and this just as bad if true

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    If its true whats happening with the players from the best time as United supporters its a disgrace and I don't really want to hear what the new guys have done for the club in past couple years or so . They have done nothing compared to Jim McLean and his players from that era . I thought it was disgrace that Eddie Thompson got stand named after him before Jim McLean did and this just as bad if true
    Did Asghar take the strips down or someone else?? Reading elsewhere there’s more in it.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Did Asghar take the strips down or someone else?? Reading elsewhere there’s more in it.
    Don't know who's meant to have done all this if it's true as I said . Loving seeing way we are playing and where we are in league with new regime but just don't think it's right if what's being said is true about older players stuff being taken away

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I have read big Tony's statement, but what I'm not getting why a group of businessmen who after years of supporting United financially, suddenly seem to a relationship spoiled with the club. Something else must have happened, OR, big Tony's telling the truth, and the DUBC have taken the petted lip. Altogether not good for the club.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)