+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I get that things have improved the last three years……

I get that things have improved the last three years……

………….but surely things like this can’t be seen as exactly ‘positive’.

I know Tom and he is passionate about United. Im sure he would have thought about this decision over and over and I respect his decision. Thanks for your service to our club and hope you enjoy watching from the GF.

Possibly a great supporter and also servant, and maybe having been there so long has been identified (along with some of the names mentioned) as part of the long term problem.

Indeed many things have changed over the years in life and football. This is no longer the JM era or before, health, training, social techniques have all changed and for so long under so many managers many of us including me have said that there prevails some kind of 'virus' behind the scenes that holds us back. Maybe the Americans have spotted it. I don't believe there is any animosity towards any of the names.

Personally I hadn't heard of these guys or knowingly met them but wish them well, remember the club/team is here for the fan base and to do well not for the enjoyment of a few that may be considered dinosaurs in this age.

Likewise, I don't know any of these guys but is there a possibility that perhaps they just don't like change? This is often a problem where a company's structure gets overhauled and improvements are made which rankle with the long serving who don't see why they have to change their methods. Clearly we are improving on the pitch so something is working.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Possibly a great supporter and also servant, and maybe having been there so long has been identified (along with some of the names mentioned) as part of the long term problem.

Indeed many things have changed over the years in life and football. This is no longer the JM era or before, health, training, social techniques have all changed and for so long under so many managers many of us including me have said that there prevails some kind of 'virus' behind the scenes that holds us back. Maybe the Americans have spotted it. I don't believe there is any animosity towards any of the names.

Personally I hadn't heard of these guys or knowingly met them but wish them well, remember the club/team is here for the fan base and to do well not for the enjoyment of a few that may be considered dinosaurs in this age.
    I think that's a pretty harsh judgement on these guys, given you don't know any of them. That doesn't mean there isn't something in what you are saying but it could equally be well off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Possibly a great supporter and also servant, and maybe having been there so long has been identified (along with some of the names mentioned) as part of the long term problem. I don't believe there is any animosity towards any of the names.
    This is a fairly accurate description of what's going on behind the scenes at Tannadice right now. Unfortunately some good servants are being forced out of the club as a result. I guess these things happen when a new regime takes over but its also equally sad to see.

It's just as well we're doing well on the pitch just now cos these personnel changes alongside poor stuff on the pitch would be keeping me awake at night.
    Two ways of looking at it which most of the posts are alluding to.
    Personally I wish Tom had 'come out' privately cos there is always other stuff going on to promote negativity.

Clubs have a right to change how they do things and change often upsets an old guard who are used to doing things in a certain way. This thing neither demonstrates the club is right or wrong on it.

To me it looks like his grievance with the club is more to do with being undermined or in his words being belittled and less to do with who's locking away the ipads in the safe after use. It also has to be said that this guy was a volunteer who gave up a job he was obviously loving after 23 years and at least he is still coming back to support the team if not the regime so hat's aff to him.

https://tekelterrors.boardhost.com/v...ic.php?id=6503

interesting thread on this on tek, never knew heggy etc were telt to take all their medals etc out of tannadice

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)